Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

8 hours ago, 67RModel said:

I couldn't help but wonder if there was a Google street view of this area (Old Fort Rd). Turns out there is. For context this is what the last image Dean posted on Monday looked like prior to the hurricane (March 2023) I have reattached it for a side by side reference....Insane to say the least.

image.thumb.png.783ca0e5b99c816d78c7629da9d6fa3b.png

IMG_2115.thumb.png.776c35e595bb9e928b1a2e396a6b62de.png

Unreal-no trace of the house.

There was an article on the Daily Caller website that FEMA has NO MONEY for for this and other disasters as they have spent all of their budget relocating and housing all the illegal coming across the southern border!!!!!  Thank You Mr. Biden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

Brocky

Dean, I was reluctant to write about how crappy all of you are dissrespected by our government, so as to not bring politics into this,  but it's true...  There is no 'Hurry' at all by the Biden Klan. The news coverage on the big networks is lame, with no urgency to get there and help. 

I wish I was well equiped to come there and help you or those that have no means of repairing their lives, homes, and auto mobiles for example..  All I can do is think of all of you and Pray to GOD that recovering from this is swift.  Dawson is surely learning many important things during this tragedy..   God Blees You...  Jojo

• Like 2

I joined 'X' yesterday because I wanted to read posts from the people of the N.C. mountains..  I cant beleive my eyes..   God Bless the AMERICAN's who are impacted by Helene...  

• Like 1

I hope the stories of FEMA, blocking the general public from helping is few and far between. If it is common place, then State Troopers and the Sherriff need to put those D-Bags behind bars..  

• Like 1
  • Like 1

A video last night the guy had a van with a small enclosed trailer from Atlanta. He was just filling it up with everything, gas, propane, food, diapers, over counter drugs, toys, etc, etc. On his way to NC he was on the phone to find out where to go to drop off what he had. He was told not to go the way he went the first time because of a chance of an armed robbery in route! WTH! There are just so many videos to watch. God help all that are effected and God bless all that are helping.    .....Hippy    

• Like 1

Buncombe county and Asheville have 14,000 applicants and FEMA has dispersed over 12 million dollars to residents, statewide there has been over 25,000 applications to FEMA and 27 million dollars distributed

• Like 2

Dean,

Not many words could be said describing what was seen on the pictures you posted. Too sorry for the losses and too happy to learn you saved what survived. Hope two strong experienced hands can build the situation up and even made it improoved. Just needs time and elbow greae. Wish you power enough for all that to be done. And glad to hear the LJ passed the distress with those minimal losses.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Dean...  Just checking in..  I hope you are getting things back together.  I also hear on local news the FEMA is allowing civilians to bring aid. That is great news..  God Bless You !! I hope Dawson is doing ok..  Jojo

• Like 1

I'm glad ya'll are making the best out of a really bad situation. The situation in the mountains has been a burden on my mind and heart since the day it happened. As for the lack of media coverage, it was bad enough that me and some friends still went full speed ahead into the mountains from eastern NC for a vacation trip because no one made a big deal out of the situation coming. I was the first to leave and the farthest along, and got almost to Old Fort before being turned around by NCSHP because of the mudslide. I got to experience a lot of trees blocking the road, seen several fall ahead of me, and hit the dead zone with no cell service to tell my friends to turn around. I'm glad you and your family are ok. 

• Like 2

im glad you are ok and doing what you can, and also glad that you are able to post on this thread... are there starlink units in action there? 

sadly it's an election year; with the dirt bags in political offices using the hardships of those who sacrificed and worked to build a country to be proud of  as worthless political  propaganda . pocket filling seems to have overtaken this country . don't help those that built this country; what's in it for me.

• Like 1

Luckily there was ONE spot in the community where we could get phone service ,, and everyone in the community came, it was at the edge of my property over looking the valley,, there are chairs, toys, water out there. It was the “ Cellphone Location “ people walked there for the first few days. My Daughter in law got a Starlink yesterday and it’s up, and going.  Mech , sadly you’re correct, I’m sure we will be old news by the weekend. 

Don’t know how that sent to times . Glad you’re friend is ok .More cleanup today. Still sifting through sand and mud for LJ parts, I found some new wiper arms I bought for it on the creek bank,,, Bent , but I found them. 

• Like 1