Sidetrack area

mowerman

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mowerman said:

off to a show and shine photos later

Ok was gonna post some photos wife won’t get off the desk top and she has 3 laptops lol. and of course my $1000 iPhone won’t post them..: bob

Well, the only way I could do it is to use the desktop email photos to my email address let’s split the screen then slide the pictures over OK the wife is off …..there coming a few minutes thanks for that Paul 

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.632d6ee77ce707faf75c67bb3b0f9df2.jpg47 Plymouth delux i actually had one in the 70s,,,one owner paid 700bucks even 45 years ago,it wasnt this clean,,,but the car was in pretty good shape,,,bob

• Like 2

That’s my dream  car 64 galaxy I’ll never see one they all have antique value now. There was lots of cars there probably 100. I didn’t take pictures of everything…. Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I'll work on the old International this week. Last time I drove it the radiator was leaking around the radiator cap. Since NAPA didn't have one I ordered one that I thought would fit from Amazon. 6 bucks. 37 bucks from the old International trucks web site. Anyhow, the radiator is also leaking on the opposite side from the cap too, the solder on the frame supports on each side is broken, and the solder around where the bottom hose connects looks like dirt daubers did it, so I'm going to try to get it off Monday and take it to a radiator shop and have it fixed right. I pondered going with stop leak and hoping for the best for about 2 seconds, then said nope, just bite the bullet and take it off. 

As the old saying goes "if it ain't one thing, it's something else".

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

2 hours ago, other dog said:

As the old saying goes "if it ain't one thing, it's something else".

the way i always heard it was " if it aint one thing wrong, it is two things wrong. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Yes, I would just pull it out of there and go to radiator shop out here on a cruise ship in the middle of nowhere and I haven’t been able to do anything with this phone. I’m surprised this is even working. Good luck Tom.  it’s raining out. Right when we were headed for the go kart track One lifelong cruise winds up raining half the time … bob

Bad part is that the radiator shop in Lynchburg that I used to go to- actually, everybody used to go there for radiator repair, Evans Radiator Shop- has been closed for years so I'll have to take it to either Danville, Harrisonburg, or Winchester.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Bob, you say that,  but the reality of it now, is that the old days of knowing a good shop/mechanic by reputation is sliming down fast..  We now have to HOPE that the shop cares,,  and add in that ALL parts are from China, or Mexico, Or Vietnam, and so-on..  It all sucks..  because the parts quality can make or break a good mechanic...  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

With plastic tanks and aluminum cores today, the old radiator shop in every city is a thing of the past.

I had one in Omaha that was excellent, custom cores were no problem, recored my 1942, my Marmon and custom cores for my IHC 9670's.

Unfortunately, closed a few years back, no idea where to go now.

Joey, if i can not get made in usa parts, made in mexico is second choice. they are still 1000 times better than cheap chinesium parts.

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..