Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

3 hours ago, Adkat said:

Hey Bob, just found another project for you once you get the DM hood done. should be able to knock it over in no time.

Keep up the good work.

Screenshot_20240626-083745.thumb.png.7b3a3e2353e074885215bda663a42116.png

Thanks bud …. But I’ve been working on a DM800 for 20 years….. sounds appealing but I wouldn’t hold my breath lol bob

Look at that I’m stepping on my own tread. Actually I put it on here because I was gonna work on the Mack  but right now I got a construction crew changing windows and siding so it’s gonna be a little inconvenient to try to get it moved and do anything with it cause those guys, probably use the extra space to move around 

Affairs from aside always come into the line. My approach is keeping one task as the main deal and when I have to get off of it I than get back to it again as soon as other deals are complete. I mean to that same main deal, not to anything else. 

But honestly my case is even more difficult and complicated. Since I usually jump from one affair to another when a good appartunity shows up for a certain affair. Say when wheather gets allowable for something crytical to it or a person shows up who's ready to work out a deal you planned to complete with his envolvement.

Speaking the hood it's much easier to apply epoxy on a horizontal surface. So I had my hood removed and we fitted it on one side at a time for a few bondo's than turn on another or over. Actually that's not a really hard deal if you have a spare pair of hands. Having my truck in a yard (no hoist or so) I put a stake of pallets in front of the truck levelling its top with hood hinges. Than opened it so the front layed down on the pallets. Took the hinge bolts off in that position and than two people can lift a hood and carry it into a shed. Three men is better though.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Yeah, that’s the problem. I have around here my friends all work nights and they all have the same problem. I don’t like to bother them on the weekend because they only have one good day but I’m going to have to call one guy over here at least two do the headlight panels, I was just thinking of that the other day there’s no way I’m gonna be able to put fiberglass there without turning the nose  upside down and yes that’s the problem I’ve been having a lot of sagging. I try to watch it and make sure it’s not sagging but I think I missed something  Slipped down without me noticing it But as you said, an extra set of hands is always handy. There is one brand I can depend on he’ll come racing right over here late Saturday or Sunday I don’t like to bother him. unless absolutely necessary … bob

Bob, sometimes (sometimes) those saggy ones if you plan it out can be held in place with 2" tape. From back at the part not being patched, and stretched tight across . It's not ideal and you end up grinding the tape off and usually redoing the mat and resin where the tape was. There's way less sliding off the 2" part though afterwards. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I had wrapping tape on it in the inside last …  go around it seems though it slipped anyway I was thinking of probably both way to do it. Just do one piece at a time and mix up a little resin for just one piece that way here I can focus some at one area, possibly duct tape might be a little different than box tape I will give it a shot or should’ve left those screws in there. I originally had for that first piece of plastic. I should’ve left them in there until I was done with that area. they probably would’ve helped out considerably .  Bob

23 hours ago, Adkat said:

Hey Bob, just found another project for you once you get the DM hood done. should be able to knock it over in no time.

Keep up the good work.

Screenshot_20240626-083745.thumb.png.7b3a3e2353e074885215bda663a42116.png

you know ive seen fellas build thier models,to look like they drove thru a snow storm,but ive never seen one biult to look like it was sitting in a wrecking yard,,,,wow

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mowerman said:

for a job that big,,,,im glad to be watching TV and sucking up cold air,while someone else does it all.....bob

Doesn't it worth a try to ask a guy or two of the crue to hold a patch of fiber in place for a few minutes while you're applying another one? 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

There used to be a guy on here that live right down the street I could walk to his house third right brother Russ I don’t know what happened to him he disappeared I bumped into him one time in the street because he posted pictures of his dogs that I recognize his dogs. He was walking them i spotted all of them , so I stopped my car introduced myself that would’ve been great if I could get in touch with him.

Probably was taking it off. I have to keep moving around to sand and grind stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think that’s what they would call this  my yard is too busy with contractors right now to do anything with I might start stripping the ceiling or replace a  maxi valve. That’s been leaking for 30 years. although I hate to mess with that because I know I’m probably gonna have to go buy something to go with the job airlines fittings ????? lol… but it’s gotta be done…bob