Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

4 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

A hole? No hole!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooihhhhh theres plenty more,,where that came from,,,,just woke up dragging my feet,,,im going to put another layer on it,,,,seems ive about almost covered all the huge surprises'

6 minutes ago, mowerman said:

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.eab43d5208840ee0ce8362dc70f96960.jpg

i dont even know if anyone uses these anymore,,,i have 2 of them,,the other one is a lot newer,,,but this one works a little better so i use it more than the other one

• Like 2

Just now, mowerman said:

i dont even know if anyone uses these anymore,,,i have 2 of them,,the other one is a lot newer,,,but this one works a little better so i use it more than the other one

A cool collection of toys to spend Sunday with! Driving Mustang, edging the lawn or plastering the hood:)

• Haha 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

i have an F150  4/4    also but i mainly use it when its snowing or i have to haul something,,but i do drive it to work every friday  just to keep everything moving,,,bob

I had one of these type edgers and gave it to my son when we went full time rving. It is a Craftsman with a Briggs&Stratton engine. It does a fine job on edging like your photo shows your "clean shave" on your lawn. I swear by them for trimming and better than a weed wacker turned sideways. Every new season I would clean, replace the oil, new spark plug, new air & fuel filter and new blade and we were good to go. The concrete sidewalk or driveway would play hell on the blades though if you keep getting too close.

• Like 2

Yes, as I mentioned I have two of them I was going to buy new blades for both of them couple weeks ago at Home Depot. They did not have any or I couldn’t find them, but these days I notice lawn service people are using a different type like I said I don’t know how you can get a straight cut with them, .. bob

Also as Matt mentioned I’m having same issue pictures are coming through rather blurry… noticed that when I try to suck them in aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh technology???????????? lol bob

On 7/27/2023 at 2:34 AM, mowerman said:

A truck grow up in Texas. All the sheet metal is in pretty good shape. It’s not going to look like mats truck by any means just gonna clean it up real good as best I can do airlines new fuel lines, a few valves, all new tires.. and then mainly lots of body work I’ve had the damn thing almost 30 years ha ha finally getting around to work on it

I know the lack of time only too well...my job runs 24/7 and you have to hide to avoid working overtime...but do something no mattet how small everyday and then one day you'll look at it and say hellbits done

Paul

Yeah, that’s pretty much where I’m at now. I work a lot of hours on. I really don’t have time to do anything at all during the week, but I try to squeeze out an hour or two on that truck Saturday get up real early and pound away That thing is that way too long without any attention, of course, honey doos house, chores, home repairs house, parties,barbecues ball games, vacations, you know the routine

• Like 2

did this this morning,,,,believe it or not,,,,this is a very slow process,,,,ill do some more scratching up tomorrow and another coating,in the area,,,then i will start shaping the area with 36 sandpaper,,,possibly next friday and see where im at,,, im off also off monday but i have an eye appt and gotta sign up for part 3-4 medicare,,,,this weekend we gotta wedding later,and gotta spray inside of shop for spiders popping up,and that involves moving abuncha stuff away from the walls,,,,,see fallas its always something lol...bob

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.3e316915894b108948b82c90ad86804b.jpgcomputer photo didnt come out good,,,but im glad i noticed this before it was too late,,,the fiberglass patch i had in this area had slipped down it was still wet enough to push it back up i was trying to fix 4 areas at the same time so i was constantly pushing all 4 up

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mowerman said:

dont really need to,,,wife is driving but lets check out the brides maids come on????

ill probably be the oldest one there,,,,so ill probably have to be very careful   couple is in thier 20s.lol.bob

• Haha 1

Actually just joking not really into babies but should be fabulous food groom Mexican and bride philapino  and both moms are from the old country and thier both doing the cooking 

17 hours ago, mowerman said:

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.c874e1adf2ed0619bff347f333bfd804.jpgthumbnail.thumb.jpg.0c19fbe72bd5fb5a82007f5b177086ae.jpg

Looks like the time to start shaping it up. Or about that.

You may be using a side grinding wheel with a corner grinder at the 1st stage. Way not that smooth as an orbital sender but much more progressive. Just get off one small spot and make a check out with a ruler or so. Than get to a neighbouring area if needed. Possibly is working with an orbital sender a bit to see big hills than grind them off with a grinder and do a test smooth up with the orbital sender again. And so on.

Sorry for the spiders to be killed. I sure mean much more sorry for the time killed on that deal. I don't know though if they're poisonous or not.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Ingenious suggestion I have a DA and an orbital and high speed grinder was very heavy, sanding disc and yes, we have a bunch of black widows having their way here and there. I’m just going to do the entire perimeter behind right with the frame is

• Like 1

well, the gel is probably what you’re talking about fiberglass resin I was gonna try to work on it a little bit tomorrow but I think it will be Friday to pick up 36 grit sand paper. I will probably get it tomorrow but I got too many things going on. Tomorrow Also Friday off with no plans so I’ll probably continue early that day and thanks for your interest Paul lol bob

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...