Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

Although women can make plenty of hard works when they want to the hood is too heavy for her hands if you plan her to accompony yourself.

I would better ask those construction guys to spend 5 minutes after their shift to pull the hood off the truck and bring it into the garage. And give them a 6 pack.

I don't know how does the such work in your country but here it's pretty common. If the crue is construction workers you usually may offer a small fee to make a certain amount of additional work done. And if you need a 3 minutes help it's in the most cases enough just to ask and 3-4 men comes with no negative and no pretensions for any pay back.

By the word do you plan to paint the hood yourself? Or bring it to a paint shop? On my mind you would need to have it off the truck in the both cases.

P.S. And good point in having a spare hood is you wouldn't need bothering the truck while tinker with a hood for it.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

That was a hilarious story Paul!!!!!!! And mine goes to the gym and runs every day but when I need a hand RAW RAW RAW and vlad I have to keep moving it to a another area for grinding and sanding the fiberglass and then clean it all up before letting them out because I have little dogs I don’t want them to get sick But thank you so much for the suggestion and yes, that would be fabulous and I’m sure they would be more than willing to give me a hand with it. They’re pretty good guys.

• Like 1

Saran wrap I was thinking of that for the odd angle areas while I was going to Road yesterday that might help out considerably, especially for something completely upside down. put a couple of pieces on and chase it with the saran wrap it keep padding it like a dog ha ha I don’t know. I think a crazy shit.when I’m going down the road. … bob

Oh, I forgot to answer somebody’s question. They asked me if I was going to spray the nose myself. Yes, I have a professional body shop spraygun and yes, I am going to paint the whole truck myself piece by piece doors off nose off glass out of it. I’m fixing on, doing the interior first or the roof I bought a bunch of brand new parts from watts anxious to see them all on there brand new marker lights, and an airhorn

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

Oh, I forgot to answer somebody’s question. They asked me if I was going to spray the nose myself. Yes, I have a professional body shop spraygun and yes, I am going to paint the whole truck myself piece by piece doors off nose off glass out of it. I’m fixing on, doing the interior first or the roof I bought a bunch of brand new parts from watts anxious to see them all on there brand new marker lights, and an airhorn

Good plan on that. I guess the result will be fine if you have experience with paint works. The cab isn't really large if you first paint the interior, than the roof, than the cowl and the back wall as separate steps. Doors are much more seen parts but it's easy to spray at them positioned horizontly. So the most dramatic story with paint is the hood. It may also be divided for areas above and below the curved edge along its sides. 

The progress over the house looks good. But I don't see a girl on a ladder picture. 

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Good plan on that. I guess the result will be fine if you have experience with paint works. The cab isn't really large if you first paint the interior, than the roof, than the cowl and the back wall as separate steps. Doors are much more seen parts but it's easy to spray at them positioned horizontly. So the most dramatic story with paint is the hood. It may also be divided for areas above and below the curved edge along its sides. 

The progress over the house looks good. But I don't see a girl on a ladder picture. 

I was off Wednesday didn’t think about taking a picture but ordinarily thier working while I’m working and I don’t ever see them also I’m going to spray the cab in sections also… nose?????? I think I will just start shooting and hope for the best I used to be pretty good but I haven’t done anything in 30 years start getting runs then I’ll know I have to change my strategy remember fine line between orange peel, and sags …… bob

1 hour ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

If you're going to paint the Ol'girl yourself Bravo....I personally would paint it with Tractor Restoration Paint...I can't remember the brand but Tractor Supply used to sell it and it was great paint Primer and Hardener....

Thanks for that tjc recommended  rustoleum machine paint  cheap to buy and holds  up well probably pretty much same quality Otherwise, I pretty much think everything else is around 200 bucks a gallon for  just acrylic enamel never mind polyurethane, or lacquer… bob

• Like 1

Oh yeah bro I can’t do anything during  the week hours are too long. I didn’t do anything today. You can see construction hands got stuff laying all around 

I just started it let it run a few minutes and then hose it off. It was filthy.from sanding and grinding got tired of seeing it that way…. Haha bud glad I’m not the only one on board with this…. Bob

I don’t blame  duck for leaving all of that going to shorter  hours sometimes it’s just not worth giving up your life I was just talking to the City driver Friday that was telling me he was not willing to give up normal life to run freight all night I did not blame her him … bob

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mowerman said:

I was off Wednesday didn’t think about taking a picture but ordinarily thier working while I’m working and I don’t ever see them also I’m going to spray the cab in sections also… nose?????? I think I will just start shooting and hope for the best I used to be pretty good but I haven’t done anything in 30 years start getting runs then I’ll know I have to change my strategy remember fine line between orange peel, and sags …… bob

It may worth starting paint works from smaller parts then.

What I did with my R was an air cleaner housing first, than two doors, than... etc.

So being you I'd complete the fiberglass job, than put primer on the hood, put and sand filler to a shape you're satisfied with, cover up with a final layer of primer all over and than put it aside. Than take the filter housing, prep and do paint over it. Easy to redo if not perfect by the 1st attempt and also possible to switch the color if you not almost like it after seeing an actual part of the truck.

• Like 1

Thanks for that vlad yeah I forgot about the breather. That’s also coming off. I’m changing it actually I have another one. I’m gonna put on there. That one is a little bent. and the lid has taken some abuse. I’m gonna have to work with that thing as well to get it straight, but yes, I was also planning on painting the nose last not sure where the frame and wheels will fit in.

• Like 1