Paul 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Ah, it's not a race

I have a truck I have been working on since before I even met the Princess 

Hardly a thing has happened to that truck since I met her

Caution, not Mack truck related

Paul 

I like that Federal. And I like it has 6-71 in it. Maybe one day I could see a video with that GM thing screaming, not soon?

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I like that Federal. And I like it has 6-71 in it. Maybe one day I could see a video with that GM thing screaming, not soon?

Vlad, I do get that bucket of bolts running and sort things out a bit

I have a VHS video put away somewhere of me driving around town, I am maybe 25 years of age in the video

There are other youtube videos of it and me rebuilding the blower etc, but I have corrupted this thread enough already 

Paul

• Like 1

Bob,

Sterling was out of the upper midwest (Chicago??), started as Sternberg but changed the name as WW 1 started.. Built a lot of large military 6X6's for WW 2 and continued to build chain drive trucks into the early 1950's when White Motor bought them.

• Like 1

Brocky

That’s very interesting thanks for that. When I broke in. I was working with a lot of guys that started on. Chain drives. I haven’t even seen a sterling and a few years there’s a few of them around here I have seen that shows… bob

These Federal trucks came out to Australia either during or after WW2 aa they cleaned up the islands in the Pacific 

This truck was one of two Federals tank transporters that were operated by baldocks (google the company and you can see these two old buckets of bolts), they used these and big Diamond T transporters made into Australias first commercial sized road trains 

The Federal trucks would pull 3 or 4 trailers and the Diamond T trucks 7 or 8 trailers 

Very slow and a lot of time to reflect as you drove along

Federals did about 22 - 24 MPH and Diamond T did 20 - 22 MPH

Anyway a video if your at all interested

These trucks were called "Dynah Mite" and "Dynah Will"

As in "might make it over the hill" and "will make it over the hill"

My truck in it's youth

FB_IMG_1720734729729.jpg.c554bab7baa6ac8f197fe6b9c456c648.jpg

Anyway I  learnt all of this after I haf owned it for many years from of the blokes and his mate that drove these back in their day

Thats some dribble and history from me, I have hardly even started to go grey in these videos 

Happy days everyone 

Paul

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

These Federal trucks came out to Australia either during or after WW2 aa they cleaned up the islands in the Pacific 

This truck was one of two Federals tank transporters that were operated by baldocks (google the company and you can see these two old buckets of bolts), they used these and big Diamond T transporters made into Australias first commercial sized road trains 

The Federal trucks would pull 3 or 4 trailers and the Diamond T trucks 7 or 8 trailers 

Very slow and a lot of time to reflect as you drove along

Federals did about 22 - 24 MPH and Diamond T did 20 - 22 MPH

Anyway a video if your at all interested

These trucks were called "Dynah Mite" and "Dynah Will"

As in "might make it over the hill" and "will make it over the hill"

My truck in it's youth

FB_IMG_1720734729729.jpg.c554bab7baa6ac8f197fe6b9c456c648.jpg

Anyway I  learnt all of this after I haf owned it for many years from of the blokes and his mate that drove these back in their day

Thats some dribble and history from me, I have hardly even started to go grey in these videos 

Happy days everyone 

Paul

You looked very, very young in that video

11 hours ago, Brocky said:

You did NOT look too well at Macungie!!! There were several of them there..

I walked around there two complete days and I never saw everything next time I go out there. I’m gonna spend more time. I’m sure I’ll be out there next year….bob

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I must get there one day for a look see

They did ask for my old Federal truck maybe 20 years ago but I declined their offer

By all reports it sounds like a good place to go and see

Paul

They hold the reunion and show every 5 years, so 2025 will be the year. We  were there 3 days looking at the about 1000 trucks in the show as well as God knows how many trucks permanently in buildings, sheds and out in the open. There are several walls of Haul of Fame drivers pictures and biography's. There is the Gahn (sp??) railroad museum next door, which I think has a separate entrance fee, and the KW museum building which is part of the whole complex. There are also some other tours available. We took a bus tour of the McDonald (??) mountain range. I think you read my report on the ATHS Down Under tour on the old Just Old Trucks website which is gone now.

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky