Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I’m trying to get all that old  shit out the last time. I think I rushed through the preparation and they initial first coat didn’t come out right … was was trying to beat the sun. .. all this extra work I did not expect still beats trying to hunt down sheet metal parts that are extinct and if you do find them a fortune and then the shipping is more than the price of the parts.. thanks for that and I appreciate the flowers ha ha that used to be an old CB line duck but I’m sure you’re too young to remember it… bob

• Like 1

Yes, it’s amazing. It just turned out to be a small crack until I tried to get rid of the old  repair yes I didn’t expect anything to be that big. I’m going to try to tape a chunk of plastic bottles underneath for a  template.so to speak  I’m done with it for this weekend thanks for the peptalk, Matt 

not at all a fiberglass expert ,but trying to expand my knowledge : question is = would not a better bond be secured by drilling small holes  in the fender itself which would allow the new fiberglass adhere better?? except for the label still on the "mold" , is that staying inside ?

No, I was gonna pull it off, but I had it screwed in with a couple of screws and yes screws does help it from sliding down I am pissed. I had a bunch of sanding dust on the area that I forgot to wipe off but yes, I was the original plan to remove the plastic. I’ll just wind up grinding it off and then putting fiberglass on the back for reinforcement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know duck the more I dig into this piece of shit. I am really sorry I didn’t buy that nose 20 years ago 300 miles from here. It would’ve been a lot easier to repair but I’m having fun and it is a challenge that I usually enjoy especially with bodywork. Thanks for the flowers.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 9:27 PM, mowerman said:

I don’t know duck the more I dig into this piece of shit. I am really sorry I didn’t buy that nose 20 years ago 300 miles from here. It would’ve been a lot easier to repair but I’m having fun and it is a challenge that I usually enjoy especially with bodywork. Thanks for the flowers.

Ah it takes Time and Patience it will all be worth it when it's done.....Watch you win 🏆 a Trophy at your first truck show!!

• Like 1

Yes, all my efforts will be worth it. I’m looking forward to working on it this weekend once I get that left corner finished the rest will be a lot easier. Thanks for the flowers and the peptalk fellas 

• Like 1