Finally some DM progress

Go to solution Solved by mowerman,

i pulled the plug last night around 830,,,,kind of hard to get used to the fact i dont have to get up at 330 mondays anymore and my dogs are all balled up cause wife is out of town and thier both spoiled rotten,lol....im thinking of starting this mess this morning,,,,,a bit of a change of scenery,,and another challenge

thumbnail.jpg

Not sure if I mentioned truck needs a lot of work, but it’s mostly just swapping out parts
I wanted to start the restoration off by redoing the interior…. cab and doors are in pretty good shape, but I decided to start with a nose because it was the worst part. Everything else will be a lot easier.. bob

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mowerman said:

i pulled the plug last night around 830,,,,kind of hard to get used to the fact i dont have to get up at 330 mondays anymore and my dogs are all balled up cause wife is out of town and thier both spoiled rotten,lol....im thinking of starting this mess this morning,,,,,a bit of a change of scenery,,and another challenge

thumbnail.jpg

Does that have to cut out and new metal welded in?

On 10/12/2024 at 8:49 PM, mowerman said:

its not going anywhere near as quick as i would have hoped for, but its coming along,,,,lotsa patience and moving the sander around quite a bit,,,i coulda done some more,,,but its such messy work,,,can only stand so much of it,,at a time,,,bob

It never does go as quick as you hope...these old trucks are full of 5 minute jobs that take 5 hours🤣...still stick with it because the old iron is worth doing...

Paul

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MACKS said:

Does that have to cut out and new metal welded in?

No, fortunately it’s all fiberglass but it’s gonna take some creative redoing. I’ll be out there messing with it a little later.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mowerman said:

No, fortunately it’s all fiberglass but it’s gonna take some creative redoing. I’ll be out there messing with it a little later.

Oh wasn’t. Sure metal or fiberglass,gonna take a little elbow Greese and a lot of patience..good luck..

No,what  you’re looking at what’s left of grinding and sanding out old repairs a mix of Bondo primer paint and other fiberglass repairs I’m getting rid of all of the older stuff and starting fresh. This will be a little bit tricky but I’ll get her done.

13 minutes ago, mowerman said:

150 for a replacement nose I am still pissed. I did not buy it every time I put the grinder to this thing I think about that ha ha oh well water under the bridge 

Maybe you can still find another hood somewhere?🤷‍♀️. Terry:MackLogo:

13 hours ago, terry said:

Maybe you can still find another hood somewhere?🤷‍♀️. Terry:MackLogo:

Not sure if you caught my story a while back I took $150 down to a nose300 miles from here around 20 years ago took a look at it and I didn’t think it was any better than the one I had so I changed my mind drove home that was before I realized mine was as rough as it was Once I started grinding off the old damage. I thought  are you shitting me Why didn’t I just give that guy the money and take the nose home? Oh well, I’ll get this cleaned up. It’s just taking way longer than I thought.