E 9 -400 RW Mack

mechohaulic

Question

I know this E 9-400 topic was recently discussed . went back through the topics  couldn't find. reason for asking is I was looking over a RW with  e9 /400 in it . truck purchased by a friend, trucks good shape  twin screw with sleeper alum wheels /tanks  etc. is there problems 400 is noted for ? I have discussed with owner the BMT site which would benefit him greatly.  apparently he tried but found the questions intense . I explained the log in is to keep the site truck related and not a date site as in the past. left exhaust bank shows oil seepage. which i questioned about idle time .  this truck is a hobby truck ; he's very busy with his own co business and only lets it idle = not happening any longer though.

3 answers to this question

There was a topic a long while back (10 years or so) with a guy having a E9 and showing oily or tar spot over one of the exhaust ports on one of the heads. Or maybe over a few of them. As I remember the conclusion of the crowd was too long idle could make that effect and the excessive oil (unburned fuel) would go off after some good run.

If no satisfection with such cheer up I would bench test injectors and injection angle and also look for engine oil consumption in some long time frame. 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012