Sometimes you need to drive long ways to see a Mack truck

On 6/13/2024 at 2:42 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

The sand dunes and driving in sand is a different experience if your not used to it 

This is a great adventure your having Vlad

Thanks for taking us along with you

Paul 

Thank you Paul! 

During the years it happened for me to drive in different circumstances. But that was interesting experience definitely. 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Last one looks very much like a NR Mack based truck

The B 53 looks very sexy

We'res the Vin number on these, if it was in Australia it is stamped on the chassis RHS behind the first drive axle

Paul

• Like 1

Vlad, Again a BIG Thank You!!!! I have been offsite for most 2 weeks going to both the York and Macungie shows.. I really appreciate the pictures of the various buildings  and their architecture.. Places which I would never see in person.

• Like 2

Brocky

2 hours ago, Brocky said:

Vlad, Again a BIG Thank You!!!! I have been offsite for most 2 weeks going to both the York and Macungie shows.. I really appreciate the pictures of the various buildings  and their architecture.. Places which I would never see in person.

You are welcome Brocky! 

That's really good you could attend both the shows. I kept in mind Macungie in this time frame but thought York would take place later. Recently I'm generally also off the site excepting this thread, just not able to pay attention to everything I would like to. 

Sorry to hear arthritis bothers you. Hope you can feel Ok splitting your activity and spend some time for relaxation. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vladislav said:

A few more trucks I saw in Tabriz and its neighbourhoods. 

Some Kaveh R-models were made with hoods produced in Iran which had scripts Iran-Kaveh in place of Mack letters. Some dog mascots also looked made locally. 

Saw an old IH by ocassion. 

IMG-20240531-WA0047.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0045.jpg

IMG-20240608-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0041.jpg

IMG-20240608-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20240608-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20240530-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0063.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0075.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0064.jpg

Vlad are all those parked Macks working trucks? given the age of all those Macks, Inters and Mercedes Benz it is a credit to the owners and operators that they keep them running. Not pretty trucks but still earning money.

17 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Walked to Tabriz rail road station being interested to see what Iranians use for rail transportation. But couldn't go to the tracks since the station was organized the way it's done for airports. You're able to go to a train only when it's arrived. 

So only remarkable items were an old steam loc in a square nearby and a RD dump truck someone got parked in a few hundred meters further down the street. 

IMG-20240531-WA0068.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0067.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0070.jpg

IMG-20240531-WA0074.jpg

This late R model is interesting, it is after the US sanctions on Iran, so how did a late 1980's or early 1990's Mack find its way into Iran?

6 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

Vlad are all those parked Macks working trucks? given the age of all those Macks, Inters and Mercedes Benz it is a credit to the owners and operators that they keep them running. Not pretty trucks but still earning money.

Yes, all those were working trucks. Those parked in a raw were in a closed yard nearby a work shop. I asked to look over and was invited to but also took a tea and later shared a mill. As I figured some trucks were waiting repair and the rest were just not in work at the moment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

This late R model is interesting, it is after the US sanctions on Iran, so how did a late 1980's or early 1990's Mack find its way into Iran?

That's an interesting question I learned answers partially so far. Read somewhere, too possibly on BMT, that after the US put sanctions Canada hasn't done that for 8 or 10 more years. And that was the way. Than later Iranians bought plenty (the majority?) of used Macks in Europe. Mostly from Netherlands and also Germany, France, Belgium. Than also as it looked to me and some other persons Iranians scratched up all Macks from Turkey. That isn't known for sure yet but Turkishes had qute many Macks in 80's and early 90's and now (and 14 years ago when I cruised Turkey extensively) there were no Mack trucks overthere. 

So seems Iranians used multiple ways purchasing trucks and had some luck with that. Aside of these early 90's RD relatively many MH's can be see in the country and also a few CH's. I saw 3 or 4 but wasn't able to make a pic of. Also guys in the shop told me there were some with a V8 what means CL not CH. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 6:22 AM, Vladislav said:

Catched whole two Jungee cement tank trucks at the last days of my travel in Iran. And saw a tractor with a cement semi-trailer which seemed as Hayward built RS600. But it was driving down the highway and I only passed over it than stopped on a shoulder and made a shot. 

IMG-20240530-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20240530-WA0036.jpg

IMG-20240530-WA0039.jpg

IMG-20240602-WA0029.jpg

I dont think these Macks would pass roadworthy tests here in Australia 🤔 What about the USA or Canada, would they pass? 🤣

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 5:51 PM, harrybarbon said:

I dont think these Macks would pass roadworthy tests here in Australia 🤔 What about the USA or Canada, would they pass? 🤣

With the condition of tyres those trucks rode on they wouldn't pass roadworthy inspection in Russia too. 

But I guess if the frames and axles are Ok, lights operational and good wheels they would have chances to get allowed to works officially. 

IMG-20240623-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

With the condition of tyres those trucks rode on they wouldn't pass roadworthy inspection in Russia too. 

But I guess if the frames and axles are Ok, lights operational and good wheels they would have chances to get allowed to works officially. 

IMG-20240623-WA0000.jpg

Looks like the frame is cracked 

• Like 1