Sometimes you need to drive long ways to see a Mack truck

On 6/24/2024 at 4:20 AM, Vladislav said:

Saw many old Soviet trucks working there. Same styles may be found in Russia too. But getting scarce nowadays. 

IMG-20240620-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240620-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20240620-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240620-WA0004.jpg

The light blue truck cabin looks like the Ford truck cabs

Road surface looks good, but with the snow still on top of the mountain, that road would be a challenge for winter driving, drivers especially truck operators would have to be experienced and there do not appear to be many guard rails for safety.

Thank you for the photos of your journey. That church would be 100's of years old and they had their congregation even small villages.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 2:54 PM, harrybarbon said:

Many years ago my son's godmother, drove back to Australia from the UK in a small Morris van via Europe, Yugoslavia, now Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia etc, Turkey, Armenia, Iran (then it was Persia) Afghanistan, India and parts of Asia. They had no safety or security problems, only the usual car breakdowns. She said it was easy times and the locals they met thru their travels were all good and friendly. Back in the early to mid 1970's many Aussie's and English did the overland route from UK to Australia. The VW Combi's buses were a very popular and durable vehicle for their travels, good for eating, sleeping !!! 🥰and driving. And some adventurers did the reverse from Australia to UK. Some did the journey over and then back. For now those opportunities are history.

There is an old 1950's Leyland double decker bus somewhere in New South Wales Australia, which did the overland trip with about 15 odd young Aussies, Brits and other races. 

I read recently that the Beijing to Paris rally is happening now. Many years back there was the rally London to Sydney, the race was run for a few years. And I think I read that some of the competitors after a rest in Australia drove back to their home countries.

Very interesting and about unbelivable nowadays. Wonder what was the matter? Were those Middle East countries under British control those times still?

That would be I'd say the greatest journey driving that route! The only alternative I can imagine is driving all three Americas from the Northen to the Southern points.

Yes, to our sorry we now can only hope for better times to come in the future.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

oooooo same here bud,,,,,not usually a big fan of leaving this place,,but i see breathtaking photos like all you showed us and gets me thinking wow,,maybe i would like to visit some of these  places ,,,,would like to see Australia and of coarse meet paul,,,,england and italy,,,bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1