MACUNGIE 2024/BMT THURSDAY NIGHT GATHERING

good questions larry,,,hadnt thought of that,,,with a show that size,i might wind up just having trouble parking my rental car,,,let me know if you need a ride,,,bob

39 minutes ago, mowerman said:

thanks for that,,,we have plenty of fabulous mexican here,,,,but try to find a decent sub here haha good luck....my wife is the only one in this area that can prepare a beatball sandwich  as good as back there,,,i dont even bother ordering them anymore here,,,i usually just order tuna.im thinking i might give the hungarian grub a shot.   bob

So Bob, since I was born and raised in Philadelphia, I am somewhat of a Hoagie (what we call subs) and cheesesteak SNOB, and I can tell you that there are no good subs or hoagies in the Lehigh Valley. The closest decent cheesesteak is Carl's in Bethlehem and I am pretty sure that I sent Other Dog there last year and he enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

41 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Thinking ahead, can I drop my trailer at the show and bobtail to dinner, then get back into the show that evening?  Gates left open?  Or would I have to wait until Friday morning?

Or just plan on getting there in time for dinner and get in line Friday morning?

Or get parked and thumb a ride to dinner?  Can I even walk in after dark to get to my trailer?  Not sure how tight you close up?

Larry, the show grounds are pretty much open for you to come and go. However, message me on Facebook and I will give you my number, if you need a ride to dinner on Thurs I'd be happy to help you out. 

• Like 1

LAST CALL!!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO GET TOGETHER FOR DINNER ON THURSDAY EVENING PLEASE RESPOND HERE. AS OF NOW THERE REALLY ISN'T ENOUGH INTEREST TO BOTHER THE ALBURTIS TAVERN WITH RESERVATIONS. BUT IF I GET A FEW PEOPLE BY WEDS AFTERNOON I WILL MAKE THEM!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

So Bob, since I was born and raised in Philadelphia, I am somewhat of a Hoagie (what we call subs) and cheesesteak SNOB, and I can tell you that there are no good subs or hoagies in the Lehigh Valley. The closest decent cheesesteak is Carl's in Bethlehem and I am pretty sure that I sent Other Dog there last year and he enjoyed it. 

lol,,,,well aint that a bitch thanks for that,,,bob

sometimes  outstanding  restaurants change hands and then everything is different bunch of us hooked up in delmont a couple years ago,,my choice,because the last time i went there food was amazing this time i wasnt impressed at all and one of the fellas said they recently sold the place,,oooooohhh that explains it,,,,bob

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Thinking ahead, can I drop my trailer at the show and bobtail to dinner, then get back into the show that evening?  Gates left open?  Or would I have to wait until Friday morning?

Or just plan on getting there in time for dinner and get in line Friday morning?

Or get parked and thumb a ride to dinner?  Can I even walk in after dark to get to my trailer?  Not sure how tight you close up?

Front entrance doesn't have a gate so you will probably be ok going back inn. There is a diner across the street from the entrance  and a pizza place next to it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Maybe get OD to take you to Carl's at some point, I am pretty sure they have meatball subs. 

They might even have a decent meatball sub at the WaWa just down the street from the motel.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Where would someone park a passenger car if travelling from out of town to Macungie to go to the show? I've never been there before and trying to go this year. I don;t know anything about the logistics of getting there, parking, entry fees, etc.

Edited by 67RModel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 67RModel said:

Where would someone park a passenger car if travelling from out of town to Macungie to go to the show? I've never been there before and trying to go this year. I don;t know anything about the logistics of getting there, parking, entry fees, etc.

There are several options. 
1. Macungie Fire Department charges $5.00 to park at their lot. All the money goes to their firefighting operations fund.

2. The Boy Scouts run a parking lot off of Main Street, I think it's $5.00. A good cause. 

3. Many private residences along Walnut Street allow you to park in their driveways and yards for a few bucks. 

4. Street parking where available. Pay attention to signs, you will get ticketed if you violate. Stick to the residential neighborhood off of Walnut Street. 

We are not ATHS. We are ATCA!!! There are NO entrance fees for spectators!!! The only fee is to enter a truck into the show!!! 

Check your private messages!!!

And don't forget to meet at the Watts Mack Tent at 12:00 on Saturday for the BMT group picture!!!!! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mowerman said:

I will have a car from Avis besides Otherdog has got his pick up full wife sister-in-law and three dogs ha ha he is going to get me from the airport though

Get with me Friday during the day, come hell or high water I will get you a decent meatball sub. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of the place I was talking about a Delmont. I couldn’t wait to get over there and order the same thing and it wasn’t anything like the time before.

1 minute ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Get with me Friday during the day, come hell or high water I will get you a decent meatball sub. 

I’m sure Tom will know who and where everybody is. I usually wear a name tag when I’m by myself. I’m like a little loss kid come on ha ha

Just now, mowerman said:

I’m sure Tom will know who and where everybody is. I usually wear a name tag when I’m by myself. I’m like a little loss kid come on ha ha

Other Dog and Zena From Virginia formerly from Florida and formerly from Conneticuit before that know me dearly, well and have my phone number. 

I think I have a great idea (doesn't happen that often) Friday for lunch I will run you to Bethlehem we will chow down at Carls, and then I will run you past what is left of the old Bethlehem Steel site. 

I’m not necessarily worried about food, but it’s always nice to go back there and have some food for gods which is hard to find here depending what  you’re looking for I’m sure they will be plenty of food vendors at the show to fill up on bob

8 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I’m not necessarily worried about food, but it’s always nice to go back there and have some food for gods which is hard to find here depending what  you’re looking for I’m sure they will be plenty of food vendors at the show to fill up on bob

Food on site: The Macungie Fire Dept does breakfast sandwiches in the morning and burgers/dogs for lunch. There are also a few other food vendors. Out on Main Street, there is a decent Diner and a pizza place both right across the street from the main entrance. 

1 hour ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Bob that means he will bring some Reynolds wrap from home to re-wrap the meatball sub in that he got from WaWa.

1 hour ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Other Dog and Zena From Virginia formerly from Florida and formerly from Conneticuit before that know me dearly, well and have my phone number. 

I think I have a great idea (doesn't happen that often) Friday for lunch I will run you to Bethlehem we will chow down at Carls, and then I will run you past what is left of the old Bethlehem Steel site. 

That's a great excursion, I really enjoyed the old steel mill, but I loaded beams there a lot in the 80's. Very interesting for anyone to see though.

I parked at the Boy Scout lot the first time I went, it's on the left just before you get to the park if you're coming south on 100. The other times we parked at the fire department lot, it's to the right just across from the park.