CRD92/93 vs CRD202/203 carriers

I was curious if the CRD92/93 series carriers will interchange into the same axle housing as a CRD202/203 and vise versa?

Also, one of my trucks is a 2002 cx613 with the CRD203 carriers per my local mack dealer. I understand they are a heavier built carrier than a 92/93 series but what I don't understand is why they would put them in an air ride tractor as 38k rears. I'm just curious on that.

Yes,,, did you confirm the carrier series yourself? You can clean the paint off the sloped area to the left of the input housing. The info is stamped in the housing, using a prick punch, and not actual stamps, also, dont be aggressive with a grinder, you will grind the numbers off..

9 hours ago, BottleHauler84 said:

I was curious if the CRD92/93 series carriers will interchange into the same axle housing as a CRD202/203 and vise versa?

Also, one of my trucks is a 2002 cx613 with the CRD203 carriers per my local mack dealer. I understand they are a heavier built carrier than a 92/93 series but what I don't understand is why they would put them in an air ride tractor as 38k rears. I'm just curious on that.

The 200 series is defiantly built better in some respects than 92 / 93 the housings don't change cause there was no need to change ! The housings worked good for the most part ! The gears on certain ratios didn't stand up well to the increasing horse power of the day ! Hence the change to the 200 series ! Which did stand up quite a bit better !  3:87 - 4:14- 4:42  Ratio behind 350 horse power and up don't stand up well! 4:64 would last a bit better  BUT! something had to be done!

Thanks guys. I was just curious,  I've never been told weather they were interchangeable or not.

The CRD203 are in a 2002 cx613 I have with a e7 460 and 18 speed. Maybe that explains why the factory put 202/203 carriers in it instead of 92/93?

I did verify they are the 203 series as Joey suggested. I've had a couple trucks with 92/93, but never owner the 202/203 series before.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 6:40 PM, kt_Engineer said:

CRD202/203 is interchangeable with CRD92/93 and fits in the same axle housing. CRD202/203 is higher load carrying axle series (upto 180,000 lbs for linehaul) while CRD92/93 is good upto 130,000 lbs. 

That's exactly what I was needing to know. Thank you guys for the info!