Mack tractor

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, 1961H67 said:

It’s really a good working tractor,, We don’t have a use for it,, Just a novelty now. 

Is this a custom made piece? I can't imagine this was a factory production...

• Like 1

It was , the fellow had a farm here in Western North Carolina, he never bought anything new. his brothers had a rock quarry and some old Terex dump trucks , he had a old R Model Mack, so he took the rear end from a Terex dump, the engine,trans ( 10 speed duplex) , frame, front axle is R Model, the steering is Hydraulic from the off  road dump truck, he put 2 foot valves on it for right and left brakes, it has a big drawbar on the back and hydraulic lines ( no 3 point hitch) . He pulled a big disc harrow with it. He didn’t really have a very good shop to build this thing in but when you drive it and just look how it’s put together it’s pretty amazing what he did. I know his brother and they gave it to me when he passed away ,, it’s a great conversation piece . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2024 at 10:26 AM, 1961H67 said:

It was , the fellow had a farm here in Western North Carolina, he never bought anything new. his brothers had a rock quarry and some old Terex dump trucks , he had a old R Model Mack, so he took the rear end from a Terex dump, the engine,trans ( 10 speed duplex) , frame, front axle is R Model, the steering is Hydraulic from the off  road dump truck, he put 2 foot valves on it for right and left brakes, it has a big drawbar on the back and hydraulic lines ( no 3 point hitch) . He pulled a big disc harrow with it. He didn’t really have a very good shop to build this thing in but when you drive it and just look how it’s put together it’s pretty amazing what he did. I know his brother and they gave it to me when he passed away ,, it’s a great conversation piece . 

That is an amazing machine.id love to have a go at driving it.just goes to show what can be done with a few parts,tools and a good brain....

Paul

• Like 1