Well it's Official

12 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I never did check when I worked at Mack, But I bet a D-13 and an MP-8 are the same accept for the color and the valve cover style.. I wonder if parts cross over? 

Mostly the same, and many parts cross over. 

11 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Yep I do, you don't have to explain it anymore than that

Try keeping a straight face while having to talk to one of these jokers

Paul

Ahahahahaha right????????????

Best of luck with the new job. I'm sure you'll find the Volvo to be pretty comfortable, and ought to be very similar in power/pulling ability given there wasn't much different under the hood between the Mack and this Volvo.

As for the previous company making poor decisions, it's a sad reality that is becoming so much more common. We see an abundance of deathtraps that don't belong on the roads, we quote the repairs, and they decline. I've thought about calling the local DOT guy and ratting them out, but I figured I would let due process take its course. Companies also really enjoy not taking care of their employees, then wonder why their new-hires won't show back up after a few days; "this pay ain't worth it." 

Hell that Freightshaker will run forever compared to todays junk..  I like an FLD, drove many of them, all Series 60 powered, 9&10 spd..  tractors...   

• Like 2

Does it have a sleeper so you have leg room? You ever drove one before? just curious..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Does it have a sleeper so you have leg room? You ever drove one before? just curious..

It's a day cab. I've driven acouple both were day cabs. My new company only runs day cabs no sleepers for what we do.

• Like 1

Can’t get excited I drove one for nine months. Was in deadline 12 times …. My company would up sending them all to Sacramento…. They were all junk …. Hopefully yours holds up a little better. Good luck…. Bob

1 hour ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Here's The Ol' FreightShaker!!!1719490181442869122753503288520.thumb.jpg.e9256faf92ce237884efee4df958df2b.jpg17194901997292638088677877805705.thumb.jpg.d3602f380655dab757766632d82c7466.jpg17194902131007483615285329040976.thumb.jpg.cb2f4888c7e62722dc3bb22d8b7fc9cf.jpg

after the mechanic section closed and I was put into driving: the FL was what I was given. worked well= short wheel base; excellent turning radius for the narrow alley tight turns.  company colors pink/blue didn't make a difference to me . cup coffee/ doughnut to wash kid and it was cleaned every week. took it away and I was given newer plastic ford; didn't like it at all. 

• Like 1

My god with that smile on your face I would have thought you were in a R600 but it’s probably you’re thinking about how goofy you look in it… bob

• Haha 1

Duck,,, that's great!!   I love the fact that an old FLD is puttin' that big smile on your face...   I have been hauling 57's out of the quarry this week, only 6 loads, but I thought of you, ..  I dont get to drive much but I smile a bit when I can..  

• Like 1
  • Like 1

reckognition doesnt cost,,,,   it pays...   Trucking is a bitch!!  glad you found this one..  Most of of my truck knowledge is in the shop, but I always made sure I took great consideration for the driver..  I knew enough about being ''out there''  to give a damn...  :) 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Well first week in the books and I'm already looking forward to next week!!!! 

Haha I’ve got 11 weeks left and I’m looking forward to the end ahahahahaha best of luck, bud again hope it all works out.. bob

• Like 2

i had to babysit the "FNG" yesterday. got to the job and boss asked "where is Dave"?
i said he will be here shortly. 

23 years in construction, but first time ever loading asphalt. 

he asked where the job was and i gave him a quick turns by streets.

he thought for a seconds and said "oh, we are going to Anthonys house"?  
that was enough for me to know i did not have to worry.

spotted him at plant and gave him a quick how to on loading under the plant and i left him to his own thoughts.

best part is he is not a speed deamon, he is perfectly fine doing 45 MPH in the right lane. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Hell, that’s all we got over here. Everybody’s in a big hurry to do everything I broke in with guys that started on chain drives and they weren’t in any hurry to do anything and I don’t know what happened to everybody and why they think they have to race around so fast now .

• Like 1