Rebuilt t21010b can’t shift

I have a rebuilt mack 10 speed (multi speed reverse in a 2000 RD Dump. It’s got less than 200 miles on the rebuilt trans but it continues to trouble shifting between hi and low range as well as now all of a sudden it will randomly pop out of gear in hi range while the stick never moves. (It seems like it goes into neutral range.) even though I don’t touch anything. Is there anything outside the transmission that could be causing or did I a get a shotty rebuild? Can the shifter knob assembly have anything to do with it? Or maybe air line problems. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check to see if the yoke nut came loose. Its 1 5/16", and you can check it with a wrench without having to seperate the u-joint. Torque is 550 ftlb, if i remember correctly..

• Like 1

Any of the above is possible but as Joey commented check the yoke nut ! Also check the oil for water contamination if the oil cooler fails it will take out the synchro in short order!

• Like 1