Heat Warning

navypoppop

Excellent yes we got our swamp cooler running full blast close to 100 today here in Reno going to be barbecuing shortly but will be running in and out of the house frequently. Thanks.For that….. bob

Oh hell, I missed the 75 birthday part. God love you best wishes and have a swinging time me and my pup lived in a travel trailer for a while it was actually pretty cool pay your  lot rent and you were free to do it you wanted … bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that we are on the subject, I thought I would add it was a brand new trailer so it really didn’t need anything. The only thing I didn’t like about it was the hot water tank was very small pretty much had to take a military shower otherwise the water would turn cold. But yeah, . It was pretty cool living arrangement. I really didn’t have a problem with it at all. Our neighbors are cool on both sides. I was working for nissens also was the same time blizzard of 78 Completely forgot about this my dad was stuck in the trailer park and I was stuck outside so I parked my pick up route one and my dad walked over huge snow bank and got in he was glad to get out of there and go have breakfast it and I walked over the snow bank and went to bed yeah I know it’s a old people story… bob

93 here and humid.  I just put 2 new marker lights on my truck, 15 minutes outside, and i cant take my shirt off without tearing it due to the sweat..  too hot, and no pool this year, wifey had me take it down last fall.. :( 

• Like 1

Miserable weekend of rain here for all the NASCAR events at different tracks. Always rains at least once any time they are here. This weekend it rained every day. Just had a tornado warning end 45mins ago. lt went past west to east about 4 miles south of us. No damage as far as l know. Weather service still has a watch until 8pm.    .....Hippy   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Miserable weekend of rain here for all the NASCAR events at different tracks. Always rains at least once any time they are here. This weekend it rained every day. Just had a tornado warning end 45mins ago. lt went past west to east about 4 miles south of us. No damage as far as l know. Weather service still has a watch until 8pm.    .....Hippy   

Hippy

I saw the severe weather warning on this morning's news.. Have not emailed my daughter in Cheshire Conn yet..

• Like 1

Brocky

5 pm last night was 98degrees and over 80% humdidity here in central New Jersey. it was 79 when i looked at 4:30.

i am not looking forward to being out in it today. good thing is i will be in the truck most of the day and it has very good AC system. 

rest of the week we are doing nights. to get away from the bulk of the heat.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

My wife just bought a 2011 Honda Pilot, in great shape,  and the damn A/C went out thursday.  The compressor died.. got one coming Thursday..  Wifey needs her A/C..

• Like 1

Sure comes in handy when boiling hot they just repaired mine for us second time my brand new truck. I used it all day long Friday and Thursday. My sister said it was pouring in Boston. I think maybe Friday possibly highwinds she  called it a monsoon. Had to bundle up her a little dog with that raincoat because it was pouring so hard and I had to go outside.

2 hours ago, The Heinz said:

Me and Joey are experiencing nearly the same weather, and I can assure you it still sucks even if you're a youngin like me. I've done very little and am already sweating like a preacher in a strip club, and the air is as heavy as Portland's skinniest feminist. I need to ask my granddad what he and his family did before they had AC, I genuinely wonder how farmers and laboring people didn't fall out more often than they did. 

Back then, we tried to do as much outside work as possible before the sun came up. Once the sun was up and it got hotter than granny's cookhouse in the  summer we did barn work, or put a big sun shade over the tractor

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Supposed to get up to 100 here today. Hope it dries up most of the field so I can get into the field again, we got an inch and a half of rain last Saturday and that shut us down for a week. Hopefully I can get the rest of my wheat in by the end of the week. 

Hope everyone else stays safe 

• Like 1

I spent Thursday - Saturday working our local truck show.  It was like a blast furnace door was open.  We had a sponsor give a whole pallet of water to give out during the show.  We had 244 trucks show up.  We have gone 350 on nice weather days.   In all we all survived but it was brutal.

https://www.ohvintrkreu.com/

• Thanks 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yeah, Larry, there’s a such thing where is too hot I usually don’t complain about the heat at all but once in a while, it’s too hot for me …….. and 10-4 on  the furnace… just about a heat wave everywhere. It’s hotter here right now than it’s supposed to be. You don’t get this kind of heat until August.. Bob

Im sure it feels hot, but I guess it is all a matter of what we are used to

Timothy Maikshilo (he's in Connecticut these days) laughs at me and my sooking over 0°C  32°f 

And yet I work all day at 40°C  104°f 

I reckon in 2022 we 46°C  112°f for a fortnight, that was hot enough, yet work went on

All that been said, some ways to stay cool

Mum always said when we were kids and couldn't sleep at night "sleep upside down in bed" as in head were your feet normally are meant to be 

It works even today 

Wet a small towel and hang it around your neck

Take your shirt off and wet it

Wear cotton, chuck that nylon T shirt away 

Most towns have outdoor pools in Australia 

Oh best of best, sitting under the garden sprinkler 

Ah summer time

Paul