New to Group

Mack most certainly won't have any glass for your truck in stock unfortunately. I'd call some of the bigger fleet-style glass companies in your area. They might be able to come up with something. Or you could get up with Watts Truck Center, they've been a beast in helping me with old Mack questions. 

• Like 2

Excellent thanks for that. I know there was somebody else out here looking for them just a little while ago. That thing looks pretty good so far. Welcome aboard bud lots of BS here just to let you know….. bob

• Like 1

F models they’ve been popping up recently here there’s not many of them left in presentable condition since you’re new I will tell you I had a 62 back in 1983 California truck really didn’t have a whole Lotta rot, but everything else fell off of it. Frankly it was a very bad investment best of luck with it… bob

On 7/3/2024 at 4:09 PM, mackaholic said:

Welcome, good looking truck you have there. Looks familiar!

IMG_0998.JPG

Excellent back in the day there was a lot of them around day cabs a lot of them and gasoline and oil. Not sure what was up with that…. Bob

• Like 1

Since your tag says you are in Kansas, Southwest Truck Parts carries a lot of the older stuff but I'm not sure about windshields. As stated before I would try some of the local glass shops to see what they can come up with. 

Welcome to the forum! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It may be total BS, but I remember hearing years ago, the GM Astro and Mack windshields were the same. That said, and competent glass shop should know for sure.

When working on the British buses, we had to adapt the window opening to a glass we could get. It wasn't as hard as it sounds, but does somewhat depend on the curve on the outer edge of the windshield being a match to the body. 

IHC's cabaovers all had the same windshield from the 80's through the end of the cabovers in the US and still used that cab elsewhere in the world. If all else fails I'd see if I could adapt one of them, as they weren't hard to get a few years ago. 

• Like 1

Never toss old plates,,  guys like me want them at times..  I need a '48 N.C. tag.. just sayin'..

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 6:54 PM, 880joe said:

Probably not green blood with that red tractor in the back ground

They did mow with a john deere 620 for many years….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevinLMack said:

My friend purchased this truck from the original owner in 1971 when his dad won the contract with john deere to haul the new 4020’s from the plant into Kansas and Missouri. He owned it until he passed about 10 months ago. I bought it from his son. It was last tagged in’93 I believe 

I'm just wondering if that truck was stretched or something. It looks like it has Hendrickson walking beam suspension, which would have been really uncommon in 1967 and it looks really weird the way the end of the frame rails end way before the rear wheels.. No biggie, just wondering.

• Like 1

I haven't seen many FL700L's in that nice condition, you've got a real nice truck there. Having a nice straight factory bumper is super rare!

When I worked on trucks, they always made us put a chain on the cab if we were taking it over center. We never had one try to let go, but I know it happens (like yours).