2024 Wheat Harvest

BOBWhite

It wouldn't be so bad If the passenger side window went down but its jammed up. Plus these old 1693's dump out a TON of heat so it's like being in an oven. 

Running the combine with no AC, which I did for the first day, was more tolerable than the truck and it's got the motor right next to the cab. 

35 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

It wouldn't be so bad If the passenger side window went down but its jammed up. Plus these old 1693's dump out a TON of heat so it's like being in an oven. 

Running the combine with no AC, which I did for the first day, was more tolerable than the truck and it's got the motor right next to the cab. 

You've got a 1693 in that IH? I don't know if I've ever seen one a those.

3 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Coming home from Macungie with no AC wasn't bad.  Though my foam plug around the steering column fell apart and I had 200* air blowing up my legs the whole time.  Gotta fix that too.

Makes a big difference in noise and heat when you lose the steering column plug. What do you do around the clutch peddle?

1 hour ago, HarryS said:

Makes a big difference in noise and heat when you lose the steering column plug. What do you do around the clutch peddle?

I have a piece of jute insulation,Mack rubber pad, and a hunk of carpet on the floor.  It is cut tight and seals the clutch pedal and shifters pretty well.

What I want to do is make a rubber gasket out of a pc of inner tube and hose clamp it to the column and bolt to the floor.  Shouldn't have to worry about it for quite some time.  Just need to get around to doing it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"