Heavy Diesel Tuner

I'm no expert, but I don't know if I'd recommend tuning and deleting an MP8. Believe me, I despise emissions even if I make a lot of money off of it, but deleting a semi truck that is liable to be pulled and inspected by DOT or God forbid EPA, you'd have rather kept the garbage. Also know it would void any warranty your truck would have, and dealers likely wouldn't touch the truck at all.

Even if you're just trying to tune the engine for more power, understand the transmission is intended for a certain power rating, and going above that can lead to issues down the line. Ask the 6.7 Cummins tuners when they throw a tune on the engine and start adding power; it usually ends in a Billet transmission rebuild. There's probably more reasons not to mess with tuners on these trucks, but I wouldn't know as I am not a super experienced tech. Everything I mentioned is what I've observed and learned from talking with others about the topic. 

I ran Mp8s And I suggest DO NOT DELETE THE MOTOR!!!! It's not worth the risk of a hefty fine and No shop will work on a Deleted truck and you run into Sensor issues etc. If you want to tune the truck for more Ponies then find a Transmission that will handle More ponies. If it's an M Drive Transmission it will handle up to 505hp. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1