Can someone help me decode this vin? Im intrested in buying this truck but the owner passed away, title has been lost and the daughter who now owns the estate cant find any registration on the truck. 
It was on the road about 7-8 years ago. 
ive never had a mack but always have intrested me. Ive had petes and kw’s and fords but no mack. Any help would be appricated thanks!

IMG_0465.jpeg

1982 Mack R767ST, build date 3/3/1982. Cummins Big Cam 350, Eaton RT11609A. Original color may be white? Impact has a "CAB IN WHITE" listing, which is as much as I could find about paint. If you want more information, like previous owners and all, you might be able to call the Mack Museum with the VIN and get more than I can help with.

An R700 with a Cummins and Eaton, sounds like a really cool combo in all honesty. As far as I'm aware, the Big Cam 350s were very good engines, but I know from experience they sound really good! 

• Like 1

If it is still stock, that is a very workable truck as it was built. Depending on when Mack purchased the engine, it could be a Big Cam 1, 2 or maybe 3.  All are good each higher number has some engineering changes to address some possible issues that came up, many of the refinements are backward compatible and can be added at overhaul. 

As an O/O I would want a 13 spd, but have owned trucks with that exact trans (and still have one in the barn).

the early big cams were prone to the upper press fit of the liner wearing and leaking coolant at the head gasket because of it. It is repairable when that happens, but the best thing is to bore the block for lower press fit liners and install Big Cam 4 liners. Early oil system is not as good as 3 and later engines. Early blocks had shorter head bolts than the later, but I have never found a problem with the short bolts. Early had "log" type exhaust manifolds and single entry turbos, later had "pulse" manifolds and duel entry turbos. 

• Like 1

From what I remember, Small Cams had more of a problem with cam/cam followers than the Big cams. Can happen to any engine though. 

I had 1.5M on one of mine, rebuilt and is still out there as far as I know, was running fine when I sold it.

Thanks guys! I agree with. You all on the big cams! I’ve had a few with modifications, but I have the chance to buy this and didn’t look under the hood, only thing I did was take a picture of the vin in the door because I wasn’t that interested. I live quite a few hours away from its location and I thought someone could decode the vin faster than I could drive back to the truck.

It was a log truck, previous owner died, daughter has the estate and I know the magic number 😁