Torque limit switch

I have a 2000 mack rd with 460 and maxitorque 18spd. I'm only getting 25psi of boost. Last year truck started doing something weird. If you were going around a corner and hit a bump it would noticeably have more power. After awhile I got consistent 32psi of boost. I figured truck had been sitting so bugs just need to be ran out. Now the only time I see 30psi plus is when truck is in 6thgear hi split. Speedo is working along with tach. Tach is a little bouncy but is working. I'm thinking the torque limit switch could be an issue. Is there away to test it? Do you thing unstable tach has something to do with it? New filters with exception of air. Any direction would be appreciated. 

if  i remember right the torque limit switch is activated in first and reverse only, so that you dont break the driveline..  I dont have my book handy, but I think i'm close to right..  have you checked the grounds on the engine block, fierwall, and the frame? 

If it were the torque limit you would not have 30 psi boost! It cut’s the power in half! As Joey stated check the grounds behind the dash and below the starter and the frame ground!

• Like 1