Identifying a trailer axle

8 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

propar,  you sure..  XEM's you sure..?  Looked like spicer, with 4515's..  

They're Qs in the picture, just remembering the once popular Propar stuff.  Sorta rare sight now.  

I still have a few Probar axles, very simple and well thought out axle

One tool for the nut and for the cap, one spilt pin holds the whole show together

Square axle that mounts easily on the springs and spring purchase 

Paul

• Like 1

I took care of a fleet, that had 6 or so with propar, fruehoff, axles,  had to keep the bearings in order when putting them back in during a wheel seal repair,since they were the same..  seal # 370065-A, I liked the screw on axle caps too, that some of them had. 

Posted (edited)

Just want to confirm these parts:

Seal: 370025A

Shoes: 4515Q 16.5x7

Drums: Anyone able to tell what size the drum is or do I have to remove them and get a measurement?

I will check with my parts stores but sometimes like to order online as to get a better quality part the my local jobber stacks. I cant speak for commercial vehicles but seems like everything at my local automobile parts store is china made and I try hard not to support that.

Thanks everyone for the help. 

Edited by seyser

996 B is a strong possibility, im forgeting 2 other drum numbers, make sure the drum is piloted by the axle hub. Thats what keeps it true. The drum number is cast into the drum

You really can't tell what drum you need without pulling the wheels and looking. There are some real popular ones, and if it had hub pilot wheels it would be a fair guess, but with stud pilot, and not knowing even if it is inboard oi outboard drums, there are just too many possibilities.

Oh hell....you had to go and bring up inboard drums....  🤣 That will need a different lesson..  Jojo