Triple Vision!

No hoarding issue there

I went to blokes place at Allora on the Darling Downs in south west QLD

The Princess called me about something, I proudly annouced that I do not have a issue with hoarding as this bloke has 46 Cats under cover

I didn't know then that he had a shed of "red stuff and blue stuff and green stuff" owners description 

His wife a had huge doll collection, he had shed of bakelite radios and the list went on and on

Really good down to earth people that obviously had a bit behind them to have all this stuff, but spoke to me like I was just another person

A good looking collection of little cats there

And you can still get just about every single part for every cat built over the counter, a lesson for other manufacturers perhaps

Even if cat don't have the parts they usually point you in the direction of were to get them

Me on my old D7 with my lad giving me directions, maybe 20 years ago now

He is much bigget than me nowScreenshot_20240720-082936_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3bf901caa362a82b82538fda4222d0bd.jpg

Paul 

• Like 2

Thanks for the cool photos… both of you My neighbor sold one a lot like the middle one a few years back but it hadda crank start It sounded real good and it didn’t take long to start it. … happy Saturday.  bob

• 3 weeks later...

There was a thread on the Cat forum mamy years ago called "steal track farming" lots of cool Cats on that

As I remember, it was mainly from Washington State area ?

I just googled and it was "Farming with Steel tracks" 

I cant get the photos to open up on my phone, here is a link 

https://www.acmoc.org/bb/discussion-d72/5309-pictures-farming-with-steel-tracks?start=0

I used to be fairly involved on the ACMOC forum for many years

If you can get the photos to load up it's well worth the look

Some screen shots of a search I just did, but when I go to open the link the photos aren't there

Screenshot_20240809-041826_Google.thumb.jpg.e1284a8b39293ff7cbf77287f45043fa.jpgScreenshot_20240809-041748_Google.thumb.jpg.faeaa86901a8fd84f9bd644224931666.jpgScreenshot_20240809-041817_Google.thumb.jpg.17163530b0dc4b9e5bdc10e50a4ab284.jpg

Paul

• Like 1

I remember as a young guy, one of our local wrecking yards had a D9. They used to move shit around with man. That thing sounded real good. I used to enjoy watching the guy move cars around just listening to that caterpillar engine almost appeared to have a little louder exhaust for some reason, I don’t know whether it was wore out muffler or what, but it was a little louder Than I thought it should be … and yes, heavy equipment as usual very interesting to most of us… bob

• Like 1

oh hell all these years i thought the D9 was the bucket loader,,,thats what the wrecking yard had,,,they had huge forks welded to the bucket to lift up cars,,,,,great photos paul,,thanks for that,,,bob

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

oh hell all these years i thought the D9 was the bucket loader,,,thats what the wrecking yard had,,,they had huge forks welded to the bucket to lift up cars,,,,,great photos paul,,thanks for that,,,bob

a TD 9 is a bucket loader ' D9 one heck of a large machine. always liked the terex lime green machines.  IH 250 with 4 in 1 bucket has my vote. very versatile machine for home owners yard work.

• Like 2

Way way back in maybe 1989 or 1990 I was driving a D9 G direct drive pulling 65' trash worker sowing sorghum on 30 inches centers 

Sowed 5000 acres in 14 days

I felt like the king of the world up in the 9

I reckon it took over 4 hours to complete a lap at the start, the fella that owned it, took me around to his brothers family, they had three 9's sowing over 15000 acres.

Ooo it was a very manly experience for a young lad

Here's a video of a Washington State farmer

If your not a farmer you probably won't get anything out of it, if you've grown grain or farmed for a lot of your working life you might enjoy it 

The family in the video is still farming and still using Cats

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember a movie back when I was a young teen  with …Clint  Walker seems had a bunch of them in there. It was some sort of science fiction flick I think it was a long time ago… bob

On 8/14/2024 at 10:17 PM, seyser said:

Thanks for the photos. I know what you mean about machines looking bigger when in a shed. I have 2 D7’s and the one in the shed seems twice as big. A D9 is no joke, Iv watched a D8 crawl past thinking that was a hefty piece of iron then a D9 follows and I’m always wowed by just how big they are. Cool stuff. Here is a photo of my Challenger next to my D2.

80205D5C-9CF6-47B6-8A48-C6E11042E9D4.jpeg

had to be careful running the D2 ; without the seat belt (if it had one ) the bounce could throw you right out of the seat ,  Have seen the D-9 ; had hopes of running with a Keen transport driver I know to the pits out west where they "grow "monsters for equipment.  D-11 would be on my bucket list to see. years back Marino Crane had the biggest (at the time ) crane . I talked to him about the specs and the building of it. mind boggling.  

• Like 1

Hope I don't seem dumb but what model of Mack was that? For sure had a Detroit! At first I thought it was some sort of military surplus Mack but I don't think those came with Detroits, plus it looks like it had an automatic. 

That boy sure seems to love it! He looks like he's only 14! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mowerman said:

I remember a movie back when I was a young teen  with …Clint  Walker seems had a bunch of them in there. It was some sort of science fiction flick I think it was a long time ago… bob

Thought of it a good part of the day the dozers were possessed and they were running with no operators… bob

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

Hope I don't seem dumb but what model of Mack was that? For sure had a Detroit! At first I thought it was some sort of military surplus Mack but I don't think those came with Detroits, plus it looks like it had an automatic. 

That boy sure seems to love it! He looks like he's only 14! 

I believe it is what I know as a Kaiser Mack 

Having a GM fitted wouldn't of been much of a deal for this family

And I reckon the young bloke driving it would be having the time of his life

Paul

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I believe it is what I know as a Kaiser Mack 

Having a GM fitted wouldn't of been much of a deal for this family

And I reckon the young bloke driving it would be having the time of his life

Paul

I forgot Mack made those for a time, M813 I think is what they are called. Lots of companies made M series trucks for government use but I haven't seen too many being used to haul grain, especially around here. A 6x6 would probably be pretty nice hauling grain off those hills.

Lots of cool family made rigs in this film, be cool to see what they are up to today. 

• Like 2

paul that video was outstanding,,,,thanks a bunch for that,,,,,i dont know where we would find young kids these days that would work that hard,,,,and lotsa cool equipment,,,,you must be about waking up by now,,,bob