U Joint clocking

I believe I clocked my U joints wrong when I replaced my carrier bearing, if this is incorrect would this be the cause of my strange vibration between 35 and 40 mph ? The U joint from the carrier to the front rear are clocked wing to wing press to press so I must assume what I did was wrong ! 

Ujoint1.jpg

UJoint2.jpg

Assuming this is two photos of 

a) transmission end

b) diff end 

With the truck stationery 

Then yes you have 

They should be in alignment, as in one end of the tail shaft should be a mirror image of the other

The crosses on each should match in alignment 

Paul

Phasing the u-joints, is a concern when you seperate the slip yoke from the drive shaft..  easy breezy..  your picture doesnt show the concern you have, take a picture of the next u-joint, and the next one after that all as an assembly..  Phasing is simple,,,  both yokes on a section of drive shaft shall be in-line with each other.   now,,,  GW is going to come in here with the 3 degree offset stuff, and add more science to the simple set-up you have...   so..... here we go :) 

is that an X107 twin stick tranny?    

BTW, when all Drive shafts are phased, the inter axle drive shaft will NOT stay phased to the main drive shaft assembly due to the slippage of the through shaft in the front diff..   

Thanks guys this helps but now I'm a little more confused, don't take much lol ! Here is a little better explanation... Pics are as follows, 1 U joint off my 12 speed output shaft, TRTXL1070B to answer Joey LO LO air on the dash, 2 next U joint in line off the carrier bearing I replaced, 3 new $536 U joint I replaced connecting the driveshaft to the input of front rear... No slip yoke was disturbed in the process but obviously I had to pull yoke off the front shaft to beat the old carrier bearing off and clocked it wrong, hopefully that will cure my vibration... Ant thoughts ?

UJ10.jpg

UJ11.jpg

UJ12.jpg

Okay

We need to get terms correct, or at least be speaking the same language 

A joey box in Australia (were Im from) is a auxiliary gear box mounted completely separate to the main box, think these are called a browny box or some such thing in the state's 

If this is the case I doubt you have a joey box

I think what your calling a joey box is deep reduction that is first set of gears in the box

I'm thinking that if you pulled the yoke on the front shaft, it may not of been lined up correctly on installation 

If there is a joey box I don't think there would be a carrier bearing unless you have a really long wheel base 

Paul 

To clarify it's a simple tri-axle dump, Mack 12 speed, driveshaft off the 12 speed to a carrier bearing then another driveshaft to the front rear, hence the 3 pics, then obviously a jackshaft as we call it here in the States that connect the 2 rears...

ok ,  so you replaced the carrier bearing, then YES, phasing is important..  the yokes on that section of the shaft MUST be allinged.  when I have the shaft out I mark it before I take it apart, I still place the drive shaft on the floor or work bencj with u-joint cap bore facing up and down, then skid the other yoke on in the same position. 

• Like 1