Case 530 D loader Tractor

I've been there, Sometimes it feels like the time is just wrong, the market for tractors just isn't right some years and in some areas.  There's a 1270 Case by me selling for $3,000 that hasn't had much interest yet, but in the right time and area it would be worth way more than that. 

Hate to see a good tractor go to scrap but you'll get way more out of it if you part it out. Tires look good and someone could do something cool with an engine like that. 

• Like 1

As mentioned, you will probably get good money for the tyres alone if the walls arent cracked

Good luck with selling, things have changed in recent times in Australia as well and slowed considerably, even a lot of collector trucks are coming on the market

Paul

• Like 1

I know what you mean last Harley I owned advertise it  got absolutely  no where I wound up, giving it to a friend of mine. For  almost nothing just to get rid of it.but that really blows if you need the money good luck I thought farm  equipment moved real well anytime …. Bob

Hell, I tried to get rid of my DM three different times same thing. Nobody was interested at all. You gotta be kidding me same shit didn’t really want to get rid of it. I just figured I was getting old. Needs a lot of work. Maybe somebody else would wanna clean it up. Absolutely no bites like wow man never mind…. lol bob

I think its just modern times/ mentality. PREFACE: I'm not beating up on your tractor just speaking my observation of the times....Most people would look those pictures and say "What a piece of junk. Aint no way I'm paying $3k for that dinosaur when I could put that money down on a brand new B or L series Kubota have a brand new tractor for $225 a month." Extreme devaluation of the dollar, easy credit, low interest rates, and the consumerism mentality have taken over. Look back 50-60 years ago. Nobody besides famers had tractors and loaders. Now everyone with a backyard has a BX series Kubota or bigger. 50-60 years ago someone with 5-10 acres would be proud to have something like that in their shed. Now its seen as archaic and useless.

I would find the appropriate local or semi local auction and consign it there. Some auction houses are better at marketing and selling certain categories of items. I would research your local area and see who sells the most used heavy equipment and go from there. With internet marketing and bidding you are pretty much going to get what the market says its worth.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, h67st said:

One thing I've done in the past is to bring the machine outside and wash it, then take pictures in the sunlight. If people see it cleaned up they may be more interested.

It doesn't run right now.

25 minutes ago, 67RModel said:

I think its just modern times/ mentality. PREFACE: I'm not beating up on your tractor just speaking my observation of the times....Most people would look those pictures and say "What a piece of junk. Aint no way I'm paying $3k for that dinosaur when I could put that money down on a brand new B or L series Kubota have a brand new tractor for $225 a month." Extreme devaluation of the dollar, easy credit, low interest rates, and the consumerism mentality have taken over. Look back 50-60 years ago. Nobody besides famers had tractors and loaders. Now everyone with a backyard has a BX series Kubota or bigger. 50-60 years ago someone with 5-10 acres would be proud to have something like that in their shed. Now its seen as archaic and useless.

I would find the appropriate local or semi local auction and consign it there. Some auction houses are better at marketing and selling certain categories of items. I would research your local area and see who sells the most used heavy equipment and go from there. With internet marketing and bidding you are pretty much going to get what the market says its worth.

Thing is I'm willing to drop the price to 2,000 or Trade. Also The tractor doesn't run right now.

Ran well when parked? Then what is wrong with it that it won't start. Dig it out of the heap of crap that's piled around it and do what h67st said. My first impression of it was what a piece of tired iron. Oh! When you wash it, move it before you take the picture for the new ad. l hate it when it's all wet under something with the hose still laying there and they say "The paint looks like it just left the factory!" Come on Ducky lets get this sold!    .....Hippy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 70mackMB said:

Ran well when parked? Then what is wrong with it that it won't start. Dig it out of the heap of crap that's piled around it and do what h67st said. My first impression of it was what a piece of tired iron. Oh! When you wash it, move it before you take the picture for the new ad. l hate it when it's all wet under something with the hose still laying there and they say "The paint looks like it just left the factory!" Come on Ducky lets get this sold!    .....Hippy

Ran Excellent when parked. Voltage Regulator went out and killed the batteries . I got new batteries for it few years back and Just haven't had time to really work on it. Also There's nothing piled around it except a fence post Leaning up against it and it's dirty from sitting in the barn..... and one thing leaning to the front left on it which is actually sitting on a work bench next to the tractor So its not buried in a heap!!!

• Like 1

Honestly I guess I'll just take my listing's off of here Since Evidently all I'm gittin is Flack about what a heap of Crap is Supposedly Piled around my tractor.....My Guess since it's not an old Mack Sitting there covered in dust I guess Nobody's interested...And no I'm not offended and no I don't have Soft skin etc etc etc etc.....I'm just Goin to take it down and not deal with the flack....

Heck if we were neighboring Budd's, I would help you get it running, just because..   Most of us here like old IRON,  so dont sweat it..  

I bet it's nice to be home every night now..   Jojo

Just now, Joey Mack said:

Heck if we were neighboring Budd's, I would help you get it running, just because..   Most of us here like old IRON,  so dont sweat it..  

Oh yeeeeessss It is!!!

4 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I actually think I'm going to pick at it little by little 

• Like 1

do it,,   I expect that now being home every night, you will see how much you werent getting done, when over the road..   with respect, Jojo

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

do it,,   I expect that now being home every night, you will see how much you werent getting done, when over the road..   with respect, Jojo

Oh Jo Jo I've already figured that out Hahaha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

" A LONG way  to go and a Short time to git there" is an UNDERSTATEMENT Just sayin'!