Mp8 problems after deleted

Leonardob

Question

Mack mp8 2012 gu713 granite.

I have a 2012 mack granite that had flaws at the time of doing the regeneration, we decided to clean certain things and change the turbo for an original mack one and it continued to give problems of def.

We decided to eliminate the DEF and the truck was left with RPM failures, attached link to the video

https://vimeo.com/987828534?share=copy

This fault lasts a few seconds and then it is removed and the truck remains calm. If I touch the accelerator or the clutch, the fault occurs again.

We thought it was problems with injectors and they were changed with their cup. And even the fault still exists.

I don’t have any associated codes, I’m attaching a photo.

The programmer tells me that that failure has nothing to do with the elimination.

In addition to this, when the road test I feel the truck without strength until it reaches 1600rpm that I feel that the turbo has its effect and the truck grabs some speed 

I really don’t know what to do anymore, I’ve invested a lot of money and I still can’t work

IMG_0517.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

6 answers to this question

Time for a different tuner! If they can't get it to run right then it's something in the programing I would say. But I don't know much of anything about deleting/tuning 

Deleting a truck makes it much harder to sell too. Good luck!

Some of the delete programs also do the EGR valve and some don’t. I would unplug the EGR valve and run it. The deletes on Mack’s are so hard to get right because of so many changes between every 2 years of production.  2008-2009 were DPF only. 2010-2012  DPF and DEF/SCR non-OBD. 2013-2014 was a big jump in wiring and in software to OBD. 2015-2016 was the GHG greenhouse gas emissions years with different software and injectors. Then common rail started in 2017. Biggest complaint after a delete is the fan clutch either won’t come on and the truck over heats or it’s stuck on all the time. Followed closely by the truck has no power now after the delete. Usually caused by EGR deleted and not unplugged and blocked off. Even if EGR is deleted and blocked it the valve still  need to be unplugged. Also on some years the turbo actuator was on the same data link as the DEF level sensor. Wrong delete gets put in to kill the DEF level sensor and it also kills the turbo actuator. 

6 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

Some of the delete programs also do the EGR valve and some don’t. I would unplug the EGR valve and run it. The deletes on Mack’s are so hard to get right because of so many changes between every 2 years of production.  2008-2009 were DPF only. 2010-2012  DPF and DEF/SCR non-OBD. 2013-2014 was a big jump in wiring and in software to OBD. 2015-2016 was the GHG greenhouse gas emissions years with different software and injectors. Then common rail started in 2017. Biggest complaint after a delete is the fan clutch either won’t come on and the truck over heats or it’s stuck on all the time. Followed closely by the truck has no power now after the delete. Usually caused by EGR deleted and not unplugged and blocked off. Even if EGR is deleted and blocked it the valve still  need to be unplugged. Also on some years the turbo actuator was on the same data link as the DEF level sensor. Wrong delete gets put in to kill the DEF level sensor and it also kills the turbo actuator. 

Will you have any photos of the sensor that I should disconnect?

The EGR valve is on the RH side of the engine bolted to  the exhaust manifold towards the rear . The EGR valve has about a 6 “ harness coming off of it with a 2 wire connector. This connector is usually zip tied to the very center of the back of the engine. You have to remove the lower center of the dash and remove the firewall engine cover to get to it. 

21 hours ago, Mackpro said:

The EGR valve is on the RH side of the engine bolted to  the exhaust manifold towards the rear . The EGR valve has about a 6 “ harness coming off of it with a 2 wire connector. This connector is usually zip tied to the very center of the back of the engine. You have to remove the lower center of the dash and remove the firewall engine cover to get to it. 

You are the best… problem solved. Thanks