Struttin' Her Stuff!!!

57 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

For the short time I drove for Schnieder, (15 months) all i drove was INT. cab overs... No way I could drive the last one they gave me today..  it had a doghouse and a coffen sleeper... I can not bend today as I did back then..  LOL getting dressed was better done outside next to the truck, than in the bunk..

Last few years before I retired, I was alternating between my double bunk and single bunk Cabover with the dog house.  I'm a big guy, over 6'3" and 260 lbs. I shared the sleeper with my 65 lb Chow/Great Pyrenees mix.  I managed, but preferred the double bunk, or my Marmon walk-in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff Weeks said:

Last few years before I retired, I was alternating between my double bunk and single bunk Cabover with the dog house.  I'm a big guy, over 6'3" and 260 lbs. I shared the sleeper with my 65 lb Chow/Great Pyrenees mix.  I managed, but preferred the double bunk, or my Marmon walk-in.  

How on earth did you get that dog in and out of a cabover every day? Now I'm not all that tall but it was still a mighty task to lift my 50lb dog into our Mh cabover when we still had it. I remember having to lift her above my head almost to get her in.

• Haha 1

You blokes need to get a kelpie, dunno if that breed ever made it to the U.S. 

They can easily clamber up into a cab over

My old blue cattle dog could as well, Miss Molly the border collie, nah not a chance

Glad its all working out in the new gig for you Duck 

Paul 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2024 at 5:34 PM, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

It's funny Because the "Wood grain" Pieces are actually Metal hahaha. The black dash is plastic resin back when they built dashes to last....

Yes, I remember that. Also, the plastic on the top was very thick. That’s probably why it looks as good as it does. That thing is certainly a lot better looking than that Volvo….. bob

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 5:24 AM, Geoff Weeks said:

I lifted him to the drivers floor and he scrambled up onto the drivers seat from there.  When he was younger and more agile, he would jump onto my shoulders to get out. Later I had to get him a ramp, but with that, he only took a few steps down the ramp and then jumped off the side of it!

Believe me! No one was more glad I retired then he was!

Before him,  Jesse was 76 lbs. I put him in and out the same way. 

Yes, I was thinking that myself only brought my five year-old boy with me once I had a cruise liner and it was really high. Had a hell of a time just lifting him up there and I was only about 31 at that time … bob

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 6:36 AM, mowerman said:

Don’t see a whole lot of them left here  too old now … but I spent a lotta time in that model and yes I did like them… bob

I seen a bunch of these and internationals in vietnam, not as nice looking as the op's

• Like 1