Weird radiator issue 427 asset ac

Artful dodger

Question

I lost 3 gallons of antifreeze all over parking lot filled it back up it started dripping from I think bottom of radiator ..I topped it off again drove it home parked it no leak ?? So I’m losing about 2 gallons everyday it’s not in the oil at all sometimes it leaks sometimes it doesn’t but wether it’s leaking or not I still lose the antifreeze?? 

Coolant hoses behind the oil cooler?  Coolant running down to lowest point before dripping to the ground.

Screen clogged  in the lower radiator Y pipe where it goes into the oil cooler. This restricts coolant to EGR cooler and it cracks . Then boost pressure is blown into cooling system when under high boost loads . 

IMG_0074.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

Good call pro ! If you’re going to check this situation my advice is to replace that elephant tube in the process as they are a common fail item!

• Like 1

Thank you guys fjh JoeyM again you come to help thank you Mack pro thank you I’ve been dealing with my dad but now ready to run this down so bottom of the radiator to the oil cooler let’s see what happens

if i remember right, there is 8 more inches of hose on the the smaller one..  anyway,  did you find a leak?  the area whare you are is veryy possible. 

you may get mixed opions on whether or not to leave the screen in there..  we used to pull them out when coolant would push out of the tank..  right or wrong, we did it..  

Well I thought so clamps weren’t very tight but there was coolant on the y hose this morning I can smell antifreeze when truck is runnin now on top of the radiator there the overflow tube that runs back to reservoir some idiot broke off the nipple and instead of replacing radiator which I get it shits expensive they used gasket sealer and super glue stuck a pc of pipe in the hole glued it and put hose back on it was leaking there I fixed that funny thing is truck has never overheated and only 1 time did it just piss antifreeze so I’m lost 

image.jpg

be glad it doesnt push coolant..  are you replacing the radiator, or try to weld a new nipple in place.?  just curious?.

Gona replace radiator eventually I was on the road when this happened and I had some JB Weld so I scraped everything off cleaned it up good and JB weld the nipple back in or the piece of pipe they stuck in it and now it’s not leaking there at all fjh said something about the EGR cooler. What would that be? I wonder

Oh shit ya its alot smaller that that there’s a metal tube in place of the missing hose can the egr cooler plug up gona send you some pics of yet another shit show with this motor and I don’t believe it’s pushing coolant I’ve blown head gaskets and cracked heads before no white smoke maybe a puff on startup and not overheating 

• Like 1