Cruiseliner64

Welcome to BMT Paul.

There should be a plate on the drivers door with truck vehicle Informationn on it.engine should have an ID plate in the area of thee injector pump. 

Not sure on frame number on the cab over, but most all other Macks have the number stamped into the frame passenger side front, so I would imagine yours would be there too

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

If its a 6 cylinder Mack engine the serial number is cast into the engine block. It is stamped into a ledge in the engine block casting just above the water pump housing on the front right.

82 might have an actual VIN number. Otherwise the truck / chassis serial number is stamped into to the frame rail on the passenger side behind the front wheel. Usually somewhere between the two leaf spring hangers around the shock mount.

Was this truck built in Allentown, PA USA?

Edited by 67RModel
  • Like 2

Only one in the country ?  Wow.   Truck looks to be in very good shape.  I'm sure I speak for many of us here when I say it'd be interesting to know more about this truck. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Hi guys,we have no luck in finding the chassis number yet.could it be behind the shock absorber tower?...dont want to start taking bits off if we dont have too.we also need wheel seals and oiler caps for front axle.nobody over this side of the world even know where to get Mack parts so if any of you could recommend someone in the US who migjt ship them to us we'd be very thankful.

Paul

Well pickle me grandmother TeD Bullpit

Mate thats a great story and a cool truck

Chassis numbers on Australian Macks are just behind the first front drive axle RHS

Wheels seals etc are easy to get, I doubt you'll go any good chasing a Mack part, I dont even bother in Australia for simple parts like wheel seals etc

Caps and the rubber bungs for the front hubs are Stemco or most other brands fit

I would of thought you would change the front hubs to 10 stud like Pig Pens

Engine number, check on the top of the block were the injector pump bolts up

No luck there, RHS about half way along the block 

Very very cool stuff 

Paul

I wish I had parts to send you.  I greatly appreciate your honesty.  I say that MarkT has a great idea about greasing the front hubs..  I too am just a regular Joe,  I have an old truck that I pick at from time to time..  I have a bunch of parts from other trucks tha I will fit to my truck..  It takes time, I have a full time job, and enough other things to maintain.. I like this post...  Jojo

• Like 2

Hi Mark T i will look into the idea of changing over to grease in the wheel bearings.It is a hobby truck that wont do much milage.Thanks jojo for the kind words.Like you we have full time jobs and it is a project for my son and I.It will take time to get the truck just how we want it.what truck do you have.

Paul

Wow thats a really cool truck Joey.love the shop you work in.we are working outside on gravel...if it rains we are wet through.still love doing it.its all about the Mack!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...