Pictures of the Week

other dog

4 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I like the way she looks! (and the same comment to the 1st lot of pictures:))

It would be cool to add a few small items to the cab or even rear portion of the chassis painted that same light color as fenders are. New door lettering of that color or multiple colors with that green as the main one would suite the scene perfectly too on my mind.

Ok, wheel hubs?...

I was actually pondering painting the top of the cab with the light green, then I thought the hunter green like the doors would look better, but I still don't know if I'll paint the top of the cab or not. I've been waxing and polishing on it every morning, while it's in the shade and it's looking better and better.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

3 hours ago, Brocky said:

Just a thought?? Personally I would go for the dark green spokes and the light green on the rims.. Also a pair of "Hollywood Glaspak" mufflers so she will bark some???

That's a great idea!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brocky said:

Just a thought?? Personally I would go for the dark green spokes and the light green on the rims.. Also a pair of "Hollywood Glaspak" mufflers so she will bark some???

"Hollywood glasspacks" ?   fab a couple Purple Hornets on there , it'll make some beautiful sounds .

7 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

purple hornies hidden under the cab and a set of stacks pointing up to hide the noise inside the cab.

That route ?  you'd need a couple sidemount turnouts with the big glasspack inserts  (same thing as a  Purple Hornie)  trick is glasspack part close to exit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, other dog said:

I was actually pondering painting the top of the cab with the light green, then I thought the hunter green like the doors would look better, but I still don't know if I'll paint the top of the cab or not. I've been waxing and polishing on it every morning, while it's in the shade and it's looking better and better.

You may spend much less efforts painting just the visor for about the same visual effect. Or even better. On the other hand light roof eleminates heat of the sun so makes sence in painting it but there's not a big difference in darkness for that matter on my mind. 

Waxing efforts are well seen on the pics, the way to go! :thumb:

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Tom,, I just love that truck..  I am glad you own it,  wish I did..  Drive it with pride !! 

• Like 2

Tom

I am liking your green combo more and more!!!! Get the wheels and visor done and you will have a very SHARP truck!!!!!! And a whole lot cheaper than painting the whole thing..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brocky

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

Kyser roof air unit just think of your dogs will be happy and Smitty steel packs mufflers. Good luck Frank to find them ha ha… bob

Roof air are still made, again Red Dot or Kyser.

My poor dog spent more than a day with me in my 6-71 powered, weed burner exhaust  Fleetstar, Looking back I surprised he didn't bite me at the end of the day.  No A/C in that truck either. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Geoff Weeks said:

Roof air are still made, again Red Dot or Kyser.

My poor dog spent more than a day with me in my 6-71 powered, weed burner exhaust  Fleetstar, Looking back I surprised he didn't bite me at the end of the day.  No A/C in that truck either. 

a girl past me yesterday,with an old beat up Subaru,,,,and a Germain shepard,,,all the windows rolled down,,, i had to feel sorry for the two of them,,,,because i looked at my dashboard and it said 107 degrees....bob

Tom,,, I have read all of the postings on this thread..  Lots of knowledge and ideas on how to get A/C in the truck.  I love the truck just like it is..  I would be proud to own it,  and Ms. Terri likes it too..  Jojo

• Like 2

Well, I forgot about this because it was a long time ago, but I painted an entire R model with rattle cans what a workout I’ll never do it again, but I have everything to work with now…

• Like 1

Other Dog,your carport looks great.Do you have the name of the manufacturer of it?I been thinking of getting one,the one I’ve been looking at is made by VerstaTube I think that’s the spelling.one like yours is $2000-2500.

In the 80s, I ran stacks on my f100, 302/4 spd.  Used thrush glass packs(with the bird on the side).  Holee Hell that thing made a racket.  It was cool when I was 18 yrs old.  Wind it up, let off, and let it bark for 1/2 a block.  Everyone knew I was coming!!  With the rear slider window open it was deafening in the cab!  😲

Truck is looking great Tom!  Under roof is even better.

• Thanks 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

10 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

Other Dog,your carport looks great.Do you have the name of the manufacturer of it?I been thinking of getting one,the one I’ve been looking at is made by VerstaTube I think that’s the spelling.one like yours is $2000-2500.

I don't remember, but I'll look when I get home.