Pictures of the Week

other dog

Tom

May I suggest you enclose the carport better to prevent wind driven rain and snow from hitting your beautiful truck.. There was a posting up in the fire truck section about carports not protecting as well as a barn..

Brocky

14 hours ago, Freightrain said:

😲

13 hours ago, other dog said:

I don't remember, but I'll look when I get home.

There's no brand name on the paperwork, just M&M Motors.

That's the used car lot that sold it. I'll look at the carport itself tomorrow and see if I see a name.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

the carport name may be stamped into the square tubing,,  I know one of mine is..  Eagle Carport's.. 

19 hours ago, Brocky said:

Tom

May I suggest you enclose the carport better to prevent wind driven rain and snow from hitting your beautiful truck.. There was a posting up in the fire truck section about carports not protecting as well as a barn..

Direct sun is about all they are good for.  I agree, some of those fiberglass wave panels that were used for roofs back in the day would be easy to screw to the uprights and give you some side protection.  Some use tarps but one good storm and they are shredded.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Wow...never priced them.

I'm just now trying to justify $2000 for replacing 12 PCs of privacy fence.  Geesh.  Fence, 4x4s and concrete.  Let alone renting a bobcat with hole drill(I'm not doing it by hand).

• Like 1

Larry

On 8/6/2024 at 10:24 PM, other dog said:

I've been busy again.

PXL_20240806_191251315.thumb.jpg.95805ce76c0c7b13643969edece9b2ef.jpg

PXL_20240806_191214512.thumb.jpg.caaca12f51593654171d1a8ba3c9e29c.jpg

Looks very cool! Uncommon and pretty looking. I would stay with that and move thinking to the hubs Brocky mentioned. Dark green is expected to suit the general style. But these red hubs make a sort of especiallity. That small red B67 truck parked in Gladys (or in that area) with green hubs looked starnge by the first view but kept attractiveness. 

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 8/11/2024 at 6:08 AM, Freightrain said:

Wow...never priced them.

I'm just now trying to justify $2000 for replacing 12 PCs of privacy fence.  Geesh.  Fence, 4x4s and concrete.  Let alone renting a bobcat with hole drill(I'm not doing it by hand).

Might be looking at the same deal our neighbors are moving that we really liked. They’re selling the house. All we got is a chicken wire fence in between these days. You never know what you’re gonna get so I’m just going to put up 6 foot redwood pickets and not have to worry about anything  Not sure it’s probably not gonna be cheap but we do know a  guy… hopefully he’s still doing it … he … was very reasonable… bob

17 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I'd pay a reasonable fee to have it done.  Not sure anyone does that anymore.

We got turned on to a Mexican handyman around here. The guy works real cheap and does great work as I mentioned. I’m hoping he still does it. Last thing he did was about 60 feet for six grand.

OD I kinda like the look of your truck with the bumper off almost like they go too much going on with the grille and fender guards Maby just a black bumper and a small guard like a b model has for the rad  just my 2 cents . keep up the good work truck is looking great !

• Like 2

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

I am going to suggest just a plain steel bumper painted the same light green.. That way it would match the light green visor and the light green across the back of the cab??????

• Like 1

Brocky

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2024 at 12:59 PM, Freightrain said:

I'd pay a reasonable fee to have it done.  Not sure anyone does that anymore.

I think I might have been a little off just got a quote 60 more feet 4800 bucks and this hired hand is not exactly the best I could do I just have used him for lotsa yard service and I’m familiar with his work 

Ya, hate to pay too cheap and have it fall over in 5 yrs.  This fence has been there 25 yrs.  The poles aren't hateful,but the fence panels are weak and falling apart.  I don't want to try using the old post at this point.  

Larry

nothing now,  I was going to separate it and put it in a tote, and set it out back with my other engines and tranny's.  It has a gear reduction starter and a new fan clutch, so I will pull those for my '77 C-30...  I'm buying any good deal and hoarding.  I dont have another Chevy to put it in yet..  I have a 400 SB in a tote and a TH-350 that I rebuilt, and a Saganaw 3spd, from a '59 corvette..  

Why do you ask?  just curious..