Pictures of the Week

other dog

wasn't for the buffalo winter been there/ seen that: changed a KW steering box on side of highway during ice storm, bet you could have crawled under , stuffed a rag in the hole to prevent oil loss (reason it seized up ?) and drove more. LOL..  also in '71 must have been 30 w oil not 0-20w crap of today.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GA_Dave said:

The hole in the oil pan was so big you could almost fit your hand into it.  All the oil was gone in seconds.  I miss 10w30.

I once did a transmission swap up there during the winter.  I wasn't on the side of the road, but it wasn't in a garage either.  It took me two days due to frequent trips inside to thaw out.  I moved south not long after!

Not to be changing the subject, but that's one of my issues with the big green truck that doesn't run. (It runs great now, but that name kinda stuck) I do all the work on it outside, in the driveway, with common hand tools, and for the most part by myself. Not so much "fun" in it anymore 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

59 minutes ago, GA_Dave said:

The hole in the oil pan was so big you could almost fit your hand into it.  All the oil was gone in seconds.  I miss 10w30.

I once did a transmission swap up there during the winter.  I wasn't on the side of the road, but it wasn't in a garage either.  It took me two days due to frequent trips inside to thaw out.  I moved south not long after!

i pulled a transmission automatic out of a 55 chevy wagon outside was around 18 degrees i was only around 20 years old,,,,i also moved to LA shortly  after,lol  i also drove that oil burning  307 all the way out there,,,,busted a rocker arm somewhere in Arizona got another one in a wrecking yard,,,,made it all the way out there and back to massachusetts without anymore issues except going thru a case of oil,,,,not sure what was up with those things,,,but everybody seems to agree,they didnt hold up well...bob

• Like 2