I bought a crane

that was me too about 6 months ago. standing for more than 15-20 minutes i would loose feeling in my legs and have to sit down of at least 1/2 hour. then i lost 50 pounds. the past two weeks i was the ground man for the milling operation and walking 2-3 miles a day without any problems at all. 

i am currently at 252 pounds, and want to loose another 25 pounds minimum.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Ya, something like that.  No real reason for it.  Just thought they were a cool little unit.  Saw one on a YouTube channel.  Guy got it cheap and got it running.  Another channel a fellow put a radio control on his so he could use it without assistance.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

We had an old Grove deck crane at Cleveland Brothers when I started in 73 it had a ford six cylinder gas engine after a few years they brought in a new Grove 17 ton with a 3208 engine it was a bit bigger and a little nicer to operate.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2024 at 12:03 PM, tjc transport said:

most days my brain tells me i am still 25-30............than i try to do something stupid and my body tells me i am 168.

I don’t really feel any different mentally or physically then when I was 20, but I’m getting dumber and Mecho only time I get senior discount is haircuts, but then I over tip anyway… bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i dont feel any different either Bob..... until AFTER  try to do something i should no longer be doing.

my daughter is regularly telling me that is why i have a son in law, to do the stupid stuff for me.

i do know a few limitations though. absolutely NO roof anymore, and no ladder climbing.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Yeah same here with roof and latter I still use the ladder but only when wife is home absolutely no roof I’m afraid of loosing conscious mainly when it’s too late to do anything about it and your tumbling to the ground…. OK now I think we’re stepping all over this guy tread happens a lot Joey. Where are you when I need you Bob

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Yeah same here with roof and latter I still use the ladder but only when wife is home absolutely no roof I’m afraid of loosing conscious mainly when it’s too late to do anything about it and your tumbling to the ground…. OK now I think we’re stepping all over this guy tread happens a lot Joey. Where are you when I need you Bob

last roof I was on. it buckled(steel panels) and I fell 17 ft on to concrete floor. lost 1/2 in my spine . crane would have been better ;; how's that for back on topic .. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brakes are killing me.

One of the fronts was a bad leaker, so replaced all 8 diaphragms.

Replaced rubber in 2 at the back.

Tightened several loose fittings, they ran a ton of copper for the air lines.

Caged one replacement pod that was locked up. 

The thing has practically no brakes. The brake levers move freely when disconnected from the pods.

Pod rod moves when brakes applied when disconnected from lever, but when attached there's no movement when brakes are applied.

We did pick up a container a couple days ago for a test lift. No problem with that part. The third stage boom has a hole in the line that needs repaired, but I'll have to wait till a brother returns from Wyoming next month to help trouble shoot stuff

Local Tractor Supply has hyd fluid,  35.00 for a 5 gal can. I added 30 gallons just to bring it up over the "add" Mark on the stick

14 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

what style of brake shoe does it have? if there is a pivot pin for the shoes, they could be siezed..  

No idea I haven't taken a hub off (yet)

But the levers move freely.

I'll get a couple of pics of the levers.

how far are they moving?  maybe they need to adjusted correctly.  Unless you have done that already, if so... re-check adjustment..  

• Like 1