Bisom truck lines newton IA

On 8/4/2024 at 11:13 AM, mowerman said:

Seems I’ve seen something posted on that right here on this website recently maybe six months or a year ago good luck… bob

I remember seeing a truck with wheelchare access and then years later, seeing a article about it.

I thought it was bisom but could be wrong

• Like 1

They do have a Superliner set up with a lift on the right side for a disabled driver.  I think I first saw it at Auburn, IN at the ATHS convention. I don't know if it was at South Bend but I also saw it at Mike Harbison's benefit but I don't have a picture of the right side of it.

242335626_10223661208312531_6981670487138034176_n.jpg

• Like 2

I remember the lift, but not which truck.

I only remember their burgundy B model.  It is without a doubt my first favorite B model.  I forget where I saw it in person?  Auburn or South bend?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I do remember an article about a cab over some years ago. Modified with a lift to bring it's driver and the whole wheelchair up, then into the cab. the driver remained in his chair while behind the wheel.

Did the Bisom line also have a nicely restored, twin screw B model with a sleeper on it, maroon in color? I seem to remember one from about 20 years ago at one of the national shows. It was very nicely done.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2024 at 8:42 PM, mattb73lt said:

I do remember an article about a cab over some years ago. Modified with a lift to bring it's driver and the whole wheelchair up, then into the cab. the driver reamined in his chair while behind the wheel.

Did the Bisom line also have a nicely restored, twin screw B model with a sleeper on it, maroon in color? I seem to remember one from about 20 years ago at one of the national shows. It was very nicely done.

Yes, that is the one I mentioned above.  Super nice B with single drive and a tag axle.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 4 weeks later...

I see bison trucks all the time on 80. I don’t know if it’s the same company. They usually don’t have anything going down the road that is very exciting. I think their trucks are tan colored. And they don’t run very fast, maybe 62 or 63 usually wind up passing them at 67