427 aset ac ..

Artful dodger

Question

So I wana start with thanks gotten some incredible help thru this forum I need more . As a few of the fellas on here know I bought  Mack having no idea that they where so diff than the rest of the field.. thought I was getting an e7 per the seller nope 427 asset ac.. hooking it up to computer that’s available it pushing 426 hp it has all new epus new compressor new pulleys new steering box new radiator new fuel lines newer suspension on the truck still Hendrickson air ride tho . I driven owned and repaired trucks most my life so I’m not green there except  for this motor .. it was deleted exhaust to egr plugged coolant still runnin thru egr  cooler I’ve driven a lot 400 hp trucks and this one doesn’t seem to have the power those do..  is it a Mack thing ? rearends and tranny maybe  think it came with rearends and tranny from factory  ??

Ok so still fighting brakes and this treadle valve not sure what’s causing this but front drive axle pass side I thought something was weird so I got under truck to look brakes released and start adjusting this one and I turned the adjustment bolt to suck them down went one turn and the slack adjust over on its own like the chamber pulled it inward basically it decided to work o guess I thought maybe slack adjuster is bad and it’s hanging up Mack want 178.00 a pc for slack adjusters  no way am I payin that any thought as to what’s goin on??

1 hour ago, Artful dodger said:

Still fighting brakes front right can drive axle I went to adjust turned it once sucking it in and it moved on its own can pulled it in   Valve adjuster or can ???

How far is it coming out? Any farther than 2 inches with the spring brake applied then your not adjusting properly!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Honestly, I think it’s camming Over kind of the only thing that makes sense breaks or worn, but I didn’t think they were worn that much. I mean they’re still they’re not to the wiser line yet not quite.

Well don’t be driving around with no brakes check it out!

I know, buddy hey I appreciate it. I just throw some stuff out there earlier cause I didn’t know what to do or to think yet it hadn’t done it like it did the way I described until after the fact when I thought it may be a valve or like adjuster or you know something like that I fight this thing every day you guys, and I know it gets old, it’s all I got so I gotta stay at it so tell me real quick is $178 a reasonable price on the slack adjuster in your opinion Mac down here that’s what they want to charge me for one slack adjuster. what are your thoughts on that ? 

too high !!  do you have a truck parts store in your area..  the slacks are 28 spline and likely 5 1/2'' inches on center.  measure from the center of the s-cam to the center of the clevis pin where the yoke is hooked to the slackadjuster.  that is the length the parts store will ask for. 

• Like 1

Yeah, so they’re telling me there’s a right in the left slack adjuster on these either. I’m not remembering correctly or there was a right in the left on the W9. I just have forgotten but I don’t think so. What’s the difference right in the left slack adjuster maybe I’m just forgetful and an idiot. I don’t know.