427 aset ac ..

Artful dodger

Question

So I wana start with thanks gotten some incredible help thru this forum I need more . As a few of the fellas on here know I bought  Mack having no idea that they where so diff than the rest of the field.. thought I was getting an e7 per the seller nope 427 asset ac.. hooking it up to computer that’s available it pushing 426 hp it has all new epus new compressor new pulleys new steering box new radiator new fuel lines newer suspension on the truck still Hendrickson air ride tho . I driven owned and repaired trucks most my life so I’m not green there except  for this motor .. it was deleted exhaust to egr plugged coolant still runnin thru egr  cooler I’ve driven a lot 400 hp trucks and this one doesn’t seem to have the power those do..  is it a Mack thing ? rearends and tranny maybe  think it came with rearends and tranny from factory  ??

that is why i was asking other questions.......   there is...  if you put them on the wrong side it will knoock the rollers out of the shoes if it goes too far..  so yes, to left and right. if you notice the positiion of the brake chambers is different. front drive (front of the axel), rear drive (rear of the axel)... 

I forgot to add, that the left and right part I just posted was for the s-cams, and the part I left out is for how the slack adjusters ratchet, (self adjusters)  they will not work correctly on the opposite sides. sorry, I was typing so fast I passed my brain in turn 2 heading for the straight away..  

Look a little closer at that here in a second I did notice that the grease Certs are almost impossible to get to on one side because they’re facing or in between the damn psych adjuster and the brakes instead of on the outside where you can get to him. They’re on the same side on both. How do I say this Are on the same side of the slack adjusters on both the left side of the truck and the right side of the truck. They’re both facing the same way. Shouldn’t right in the left. Have grease shirts opposite each other and I’m doing talk to text so you might have to translate this . 

Say it slow maybe it’ll come in maybe these are the wrong slack adjusters reason I think so maybe the wrong reason but they are on the same side of the slack adjuster on both sides of the truck. Does that make sense? So basically you can get to one pretty easy the other one is in between adjuster and the brake ones on the outside ones on the inside like they’re both on the same side of the slack adjuster that makes sense 

2 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

Yeah, so they’re telling me there’s a right in the left slack adjuster on these either. I’m not remembering correctly or there was a right in the left on the W9. I just have forgotten but I don’t think so. What’s the difference right in the left slack adjuster maybe I’m just forgetful and an idiot. I don’t know.

Picture would help

• Like 1