Arkansas to Boston

66dc75

Looking at a truck for sale in St. JOE Arkansas. Anybody know of a reputable lowbed service to run this north? I was also thinking of hiring someone to go look at it if anyone knows of someone to do truck inspections in that area. I'd go myself but I'm finding you can't just fly to little Rock from Boston. It looks like 3 stops, 10 hours then a rental car an possibly some hitch hiking to get there.

5571998664974804539.jpg

Plus, my wife usually makes all the reservations.she said your flights to Pennsylvania or are usually a fortune. She said actually flying into Logan is a lot cheaper for some reason. 

Sign crane on it. They sent me photos of the underside no rust. It was doldrums out of Iowa 80 Equipment about 7 years ago and ended up in an auction in Kentucky so I think it stayed out of the rust belt 

• Like 1

When was Gushee on business. I lived in Gray, from 82-90. Graduated high School at Gray-New Gloucester. In '87.. i dont remember the name. Just curious.

If you can't find someone by word of mouth you can try UShip. Its a very easy app/platform to use. I used it on my last iron acquisition and was very pleased. It seems very daunting at first but at the end of the day someone who owns a tractor and lowbed (owner operator) is doing the work. Its just dealing with the brokers that can be a little annoying. Uship itself is a broker that puts your load out to actual freight brokers who compete for your business. Once you select a freight broker, they put the load out to O/O load boards. To give context, I got a full size farm tractor that did not run moved from Central Illinois to Pittsburgh, PA for right around $800. They made me pay half up front and then when the driver unloaded and let them know they charged my credit card for the balance. It was a completely painless transaction. I would use them again If I had the need.

• Like 2

one thing to make sure of with uship is that the carrier has insurance. 

a lot of them can haul for next to nothing because they do not carry liability insurance if something gets damaged.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 8/20/2024 at 10:21 AM, Brocky said:

Randy, Is Gregg the man in Central PA with a drop deck who has moved a lot of fire trucks???  If so, I could NOT remember his name..

Yup.  That's him.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 8/20/2024 at 10:21 AM, Brocky said:

Randy, Is Gregg the man in Central PA with a drop deck who has moved a lot of fire trucks???  If so, I could NOT remember his name..

Yes but he is actually over here on the East Side about 15 miles from me

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

On 8/20/2024 at 9:38 AM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

If you are still looking for someone to haul it for you, call UNDER DOG Gregg Hoffman (not Other Dog Tommy Blackwell) 
His number is 610-428-6075 If he does not answer, he is trucking but leave a message and he will call you back during business hours when his hands aren't full of steerin' wheel and shifter.

I've heard rumors that he only has to shift when he's leaving a stoplight because even though he drives a Mack it has a huge Cat engine in it. Huge. 

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.