Aussie V8 Valueliner

This is an early photo of the first Aussie V8 Valueliner built, around 1987, motor - 440hp Mack with 12 spd box, when it was testing hauling the B double fuel tankers. The first driver, a Mr Allen, drove it 1.7 million kilometers before the heads came off. Years later the frame was stretched to allow fitting a 36 inch sleeper cab. It is now part of a collection here in Australia, the sleeper was removed some years ago. It has the same original colour, I think it been resprayed. The hood appears longer than it actually is, just the angle of the photo taken. Dan Thomas has an Aussie V8 Valueliner.

First Australian V8 Valueliner.jpg

• Like 2

Harry,

Thank you for these pictures. Thank you for mentioning Dan Thomas up here in the States. I have seen Dan Thomas's Valueliner at several shows. ATHS Lexington KY, York PA, and twice at ATCA Macungie PA, But I do not seem to find a picture of it? I forget how many Km's it has on it , But Dan always flies a couple of Aussies up here to drive it to the eastern USA shows. I also think (??) it spent a year in the Mack Museum in Allentown after it's first Macungie showing. I Know it is in the ATHS Showtime book, at least 2 different years, but I do not know how to steal the pictures!

Brocky