Endt 673 Starter removal

How the heck do you get to that hidden top bolt to take out the starter?I`m guessing it`s bad.I can hear the drive gear hitting the flywheel when I push the start button,but no cranking.Batteries are fully charged,cable connections are clean and tight.I have (4) 6 volt batteries feeding a 12 volt starter.It`s worked great for the 2 yrs I`ve owned the truck,a1961 B61.Thanks

skydawg, The connections are clean and tight but are the cables good? l once had a cable that went from battery to battery that was no good. lt wasn't till after changing four batteries, starter, alternator, and letting it run all week. Then we found it was only an eight inch cable that was junk. We used a set of jumper cables, one at a time, on the battery cables till it started on it's own.    .....Hippy

What position is your starter on the bell housing? There's a lower right, down on the passenger side. Also, upper left on the driver's side, between the block and steering column. Mine is on the upper left, which I think is the harder location. I bent up a spare 5/8" wrench to reach it from the inside of the cab after removing the floor boards to access the area.

I tapped on the solenoid and starter with a hammer and it`s cranking again.I`m thinking maybe the contacts in the solenoid are corroded or pitted.I`ll remove it and see what`s up when I get a chance.