Endt 673 fuel priming

My lift pump doesn`t have a hand primer.I replaced lines and the cartridge in the secondary filter.Can I prime the system with air to the fuel tank without opening any lines going to the injection pump? Thanks.

i have not tried this but if you cover any vents/holes ..... possibly yes. try  it!!

fueling is more easily diagnosed with a hand pump at pickup pump AND one down near tank. 

i have added little hand primpers to all my trucks at pickup pump(on injection pump) and  next adding another down near tank. any patching to get going on side of road may need system priming.  i have this setup on my CM currently and a leaky hand priming pump left me stranded once. very very old plastic hand primper pump was replaced and after trying to pull on a dryish??\open system through filters didnt work out. which i thought that was the purpose of a hand priming pump but hey ive learned. although could have been other leaks in the systems or even quality of replacement hand pump. whatever the case i say just install two hand pumps, call it a  day. Or maybe moving tank to same side as injection pump, closer may help idk. 

Edited by glenbjackson