Converting e7 400 back to mechanical

1 hour ago, Macktruckman said:

Awesome thank you and please let us know how it pulls and works. Mine is hopefully even more simple because I am putting the e7 engine in a truck im taking an E6 out of and reusing the e6 mechanical pump so I already have the throttle linkage all in place. I test fit the E7 injector lines and they thread right on the delivery valves on the Robert Bosch E6 pump. What i haven’t figured out is how exactly to remove the econovance? Do i remove the 3 timing adjustment bolts from the front of the timing gear?  I also wondered about leaving the econovance, as fjh said and just plug the oil supply. But would i be smarter to use a boost switch or something and try to make the econovance actually function?  Anyway I hope someone can help with that too. Awesome to hear your truck works and im anxious to hear how it pulls and runs 

josh

My comments were made with not having to change the fuel line configuration in mind! if I remember  on the v Mac pump the hub on the pump is not keyed to the shaft  your mechanical pump is keyed! May make things a bit more of a hassle to time but should be doable! As long as the spring in the econovance is not broken and engine starts in the retarded position  it  should work fine once timed to 18-20 degrees fixed timing!