Pictures of the Week

other dog

4 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

tired me out just reading all the work done. those days seem to be gone for me now.

tired me out too!! 🤣

4 hours ago, MACKS said:

Exploaded battery? How did happen,hope the hood was down..

yup, hood was down.

i am thinking a buildup of gas in the battery, and bad negative cable connection. when i called for power the negative connection sparked and BOOM.

today changed battery and bound the bad connection.

loaded two loads of garbage, and another 1000 lbs or so of scrap iron. 

waiting for a ride to take two trucks to the big truck yard, then bring the dump and trailer home to get rid of the machine. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

6 hours ago, Mark T said:

Ahhhhh.   I need to get my mind out of the gutter.   Good to see the truck's working out like you were hoping for after the surprises in the begining.

Zina noticed right away, like as soon as I took them out of the envelope they were in. I said "well, i'm not taking them back now".

• Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

8 hours ago, tjc transport said:

antique hat for driving a truck, or hat for driving an antique truck?

Yes.

At first I was going to get a hard bill chauffer's cap, but decided to get this one instead.

• Like 1

I don't know why that Dodge pickup in the snow is still there, I thought I removed it twice. I took some of these with a camera, some with a phone, and some Zina sent me, so it was hard to get them all organized.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, other dog said:

And this truck came all the way from Canada to be in the parade. I was wondering if they drove it all the way from Canada with that open cab, but when Zina was coming back up 460 from the Kroger store yesterday evening she said it passed her, and it was on a trailer.

DSCN1449.thumb.JPG.68fa819cde2fabf0d27f7d95005ce924.JPG

That there is an Anniversary-Series Seagrave, old tractor-drawn aerial. (tiller) 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

On 10/13/2024 at 11:25 AM, mowerman said:

Well Tom, this is what I used to wear with my Fedex uniform truck driving shoes. My wife used to tell me you’re the only one in the world that still wears those old people shoes.

IMG_4044.png

sure would be great to go back to the days I could bend over enough to tie my shoes ! it 's only slip ons for me now. won't even discuss the major operations it takes to put on socks. "the golden years" what a crock!! LOL

47 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

sure would be great to go back to the days I could bend over enough to tie my shoes ! it 's only slip ons for me now. won't even discuss the major operations it takes to put on socks. "the golden years" what a crock!! LOL

I’m starting to have that sock issue myself as well as trying to tie my shoes. I think it’s the truckers gut I’ve developed

We used to have a truck show here at the Alamo every year. I haven’t really heard about it in a long time but I used to fuel there every morning and I haven’t been in there in 18 years pretty much started working for Fedex and 2006 and they had their own fuel pumps, so I didn’t need to go into the Alamo anymore so I don’t know if they still have them or not They also had trucker appreciation day where we could all go in there with a class a license and get a free steak dinner. Don’t know if that is still going either.

7 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

I’m starting to have that sock issue myself as well as trying to tie my shoes. I think it’s the truckers gut I’ve developed

https://www.amazon.com/BHDK-Professional-Practical-Stocking-Diabetics/dp/B09C8Z4V17/ref=asc_df_B09C8Z4V17/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=692875362841&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7099914181706214561&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9195573&hvtargid=pla-2281435178138&psc=1&mcid=33a5ecd9cb483d57a6b16d7057413cd9&hvocijid=7099914181706214561-B09C8Z4V17-&hvexpln=73

hospital gave me one of these back in 2015 when i had the knee replaced, and showed me how to properly use it.

slip the sock on the aid, put foot in plastic, and pull it up by the strings. 

got home and the parents were here for the first few days to watch over me. dad say the aid and said i need one of them. so i found it and prdered two, one for him and one for mom. 

i am now on my 4th one in 10 years. the last around 2-3 years and then they crack longways... but i am also hard on them.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..