FUEL IN OIL

Hello I have 1999 e7 460 etech new engine top to heads, new primer pump orings all around. Getting 4 gallons of fuel in 10 hours in oil. After I put 4000 miles on the truck. Used my old eups, injectors. All plugs were put in. Orings looks fine tubes look ok. Not leaking from front cover. Injectors oring good.any ideas? Thank you 

1 hour ago, MACKS said:

Six gallons of oil diluted with four gallons of  diesel kiss that engine good  by..

I doubt it. Somebody can correct me here but I imagine if the oil pressure is low enough to cause major engine damage it will shut off and not restart. I would think an ETech would have these electronic protections by 1999. This happened to me with a model year 1994 DDEC III Series 60 Detroit and the engine shut down light came on. I used the override button for a time but got to a point where it shut itself off and wouldn't restart. I have a more detailed write up on it somewhere here on the forum with the whole story but what it amounted to was the #5 injector was seriously malfunctioning dumping lots of raw fuel into the cylinder and getting past the rings. Crankcase was so overfull that when I drained it out the mixture was so thin I was able to dump it back in the fuel tank of an old farm tractor and it burned it like regular off road fuel. Not a lick of damage to the engine. I think I got lucky but I also think that if the oil pressure is too low the ecm will protect itself from an idiot 🤣. Mine went from running normal to broke down in less than 2 hours and yes there was very noticeable signs and symptoms but I kept running it. I was young, dumb, and an idiot. As far as I know that engine was removed from the truck when I sold it and put in a much newer truck and as far as I know is still running like a sewing machine to this day. In my case it suddenly developed a very noticeable noise. From within the cab while driving it sounded like an exhaust leak so I kept going. Then when it all came to a head I was on a major interstate in an 8 or 10 mile long single lane construction zone with jersey barriers on each side. Nowhere to pull over. Fun times.....

• Like 1

His engine will shut down if it reads 10 Psi or less for 5 seconds. Provided the oil sensor is working.. i really want to know what happened to require all the work? 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

His engine will shut down if it reads 10 Psi or less for 5 seconds. Provided the oil sensor is working.. i really want to know what happened to require all the work? 

Yeah. If he decides to come back..🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

too much of that MACKS...  I posted my thoughts on my profile about that issue..   I am still going to offer whatever help I can.. I also know that there a lot of guys that will do the same...  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

too much of that MACKS...  I posted my thoughts on my profile about that issue..   I am still going to offer whatever help I can.. I also know that there a lot of guys that will do the same...  

I to will offer my limited knowledge as well …

• Like 1

you always offer your great knowledge...  You have owner operator knowledge that is far beyond mine and equally as valuble as mechanial knowledge, which you have as well..  this is why I keep posting..  I learned that there are a bunch of guy's that will freely give thier great knowledge..  with respect..  Jojo

This engine will be pre CCRS, could there be a screw up on the heads? I think pre CCRS uses a fuel return from the heads, the CCRS heads did away with the return leak off I think.  Just spitballing.  Or the fuel gallery plug under the timing cover. Those are my spitballs.

the fuel gallery in the heads is internal and willl leak externally, unless the head is cracked, and that i s super rare in my experience..  nothing said about haveing the front cover off and checking the lower fuel galley plug in the front, also not very common but does happen..  i'm trying to avoid posting my kneejerk concern..