The Big Green International That Runs Now

other dog

3 minutes ago, yarnall said:

That’s beautiful.  I have not seen it before. 

I should have posted the pictures in reverse order on flickr, they're kind of backwards, but oh well.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

18 hours ago, other dog said:

I should have posted the pictures in reverse order on flickr, they're kind of backwards, but oh well.

Well, I’m glad you got your gas problem figured it out. I was starting to think you had a forever problem besides being a complete lemon ha ha I like when you said Xena from Florida was more pissed than you were.

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Well, I’m glad you got your gas problem figured it out. I was starting to think you had a forever problem besides being a complete lemon ha ha I like when you said Xena from Florida was more pissed than you were.

Oh yes, she was absolutely pissed!

• Like 1

I took this night shot last night when the solar lights on the carport came on. I liked the way it looked in the light, so I grabbed a couple of pics with my phone.

PXL_20241021_232411467.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.85b182c70920b8a5370cb13869faaf92.jpg

I had backed it out because I was putting a CB radio in it. Haven't finished yet, it takes me 2 days to put a radio in nowadays. 

I put my Stryker radio in it last week, but my SWR was up around 5. I raised the whip up as high as it would go and it was still over 3.0. I had shortened the top piece to get it right in the T800, so I ordered a new whip from Wilson. Yesterday I tightened all the mirror bracket bolts and ran a ground wire from the antenna bracket inside to a bolt under the dash. Now I just need to find a good hotwire to hook it up to. Stryker says to go straight to the battery, but I don't know about all that. I might just find a hot wire in the fuse box to hook it to.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Looks excellent Tom and yes that’s what they used to tell us in the 70s was to hook it to the battery. I don’t know what’s up with that but I think it was cut cut out all the engine noise frankly I never liked the idea anyway especially on a company truck. But it’s probably a good idea.

Problem with Hooking up to the battery is you have to remember to turn the radio off, or it can kill the battery if sitting a while 

The reason they say to hook to battery is some of the bigger radios use up to 20 amp draw. And most fusebox circuits are only under 10 amps.

I hook to the battery through a 30 amp relay that is triggered to a key on power source.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

The dash plaques made me suspicious that this was one of Jimmy Wood’s trucks so I looked through all your photos which confirmed it. I always loved that truck. I bought one of Jimmy’s fleetstars earlier in the year.   Have fun with it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yarnall said:

The dash plaques made me suspicious that this was one of Jimmy Wood’s trucks so I looked through all your photos which confirmed it. I always loved that truck. I bought one of Jimmy’s fleetstars earlier in the year.   Have fun with it. 

Yessir, it sure was.

Screenshot_20241022-210634.thumb.png.42eb4e447ea5acccf90b19298251ef56.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MACKS said:

Haha,that’s a good one..🤔🤣

Yep, as you can see that one spot was about the only place all the way across the dash that was open. I said "oh, here's a good spot for the speaker". Never thought about the hand brake. It was pulled back when I put the speaker there. Oh well, I'll find somewhere to put it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, other dog said:

Yep, as you can see that one spot was about the only place all the way across the dash that was open. I said "oh, here's a good spot for the speaker". Never thought about the hand brake. It was pulled back when I put the speaker there. Oh well, I'll find somewhere to put it.

We always mounted the cb on top of the dash with the external speaker on top of the cb..but I guess it all depends on the truck and your own preference..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MACKS said:

We always mounted the cb on top of the dash with the external speaker on top of the cb..but I guess it all depends on the truck and your own preference..

Yeah, that wouldn't work in this truck. The steel dash is only about 3 inches wide.

• Like 2